A Good Old Fashioned Orgy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Good Old Fashioned Orgy Reviews

July 27, 2016
I am not watching it because this movie has swearing. :(
½ August 3, 2015
I expected nothing from this movie except a few cheap laughs. Surprisingly it was quite good with lots of laughs. Kind of like a 90 minute SNL skit back when SNL was still smart and funny.
½ May 6, 2015
Really ? Haha... Orgy in The Hamptons, I never thought of that one!
April 15, 2015
This has some funny parts, but gets old fairly quick. Upon the orgy, it goes on for too long and the movie isn't even over afterward. I finally turned it off during the last 4 minutes I couldn't have cared less about.
March 7, 2015
Brilliant film, Thoosh :-D
½ February 5, 2015
I don't remember this.
December 20, 2014
Not understanding why some didn't like it. it was fun interesting and funny. Jason sudeikis is great. "Orgy, Orgy, Orgy."
November 27, 2014
"A Good Old Fashioned Orgy" es una comedia inmadura y juvenil acerca de un grupo de amigos que se reúnen a hacer fiestas alocadas una vez al año. Cuando ya no pueden continuar con su ritual, Eric, el líder de la manada propone hacer una orgía. Esta cinta desperdicia grandes talentos como los de Jason Sudeikis y Will Forte y termina siendo poco graciosa, totalmente predecible y nada erótica.
½ November 23, 2014
If your favorite tv show is "two and a half men", you may like this. If not, you will find this movie to be boring and poorly made. I didn't laugh once..
October 9, 2014
Had some real funny moments.
October 5, 2014
A little silly but overall kind of fun. A great cast of comedy heavy weights lift this up from what could have been a crude mess.
August 31, 2014
A bit predictable... but still funny and worth watching.
½ August 27, 2014
Nick Kroll makes everything he touches delightful.
½ July 25, 2014
I was really excited to see this movie and had pretty high hopes for this cast, they seem like a group of actors who are always supporting actors and it made me like them a little bit more than I did before. As I was watching the movie I thought I could see clearly the direction it was going but I was happy to discover that I was wrong and that it actually was really good. I laughed a lot at the quick wit type humor and I overall just enjoyed the movie.
July 5, 2014
Eric (Jason Sudeikis) is a perpetual adolescent who lives to party, holding lavish theme-events with his friends using his father's large house in the Hamptons. On July 3, Eric throws a white trash bash party attended by his friends Sue (Michelle Borth), Adam (Nick Kroll), Mike (Tyler Labine), Laura (Lindsay Sloane), Kate (Lucy Punch), Glenn (Will Forte), Doug (Martin Starr) and his girlfriend Willow (Angela Sarafyan), Alison (Lake Bell) and her boyfriend Marcus (Rhys Coiro). Eric meets Kelly (Leslie Bibb) at the party. The following morning, Eric's father (Don Johnson) arrives and informs him that he is selling the house. The next weekend, the group arrive back at the house and find it for sale by Dody (Lin Shaye) and Kelly. Eric and Mike decide then to throw a last ultimate party at the house on Labor Day weekend. Lamenting the more liberal sex attitude of the younger generation that passed over his own, Eric suggests having an orgy. When they present the idea to their friends, they are all reluctant, but when Mike and Eric argue that afterwards everyone will be moving away from each other and that this might be their last real time all together, Sue agrees to join. Laura joins the plan to improve her self-esteem, and is later joined by Alison after she breaks up with Marcus. Sue has feelings for Eric from high school, but Eric pursues a relationship with Kelly, to attempt to interfere with her selling the house. Doug and Willow join the orgy, hoping it will make him more confident. At Kate and Glenn's wedding, a drunken Adam reveals he has lost his job because Eric destroyed his phone at the White Trash bash, and agrees to join the orgy. Glenn finds out about the orgy and informs Kate, causing the pair to fall out with the group for not including them. Eric and Mike go to an underground sex club to research orgies, and gain advice from Mike's uncle Vic (David Koechner). Later, during a date with Kelly, she asks Eric to meet with her friends on Labor Day, to which he reluctantly agrees. Eric admits to Mike that he is developing feelings for Kelly and is no longer sure about taking part in the orgy. The week before Labor Day, Kate and Glenn ask to join the orgy but the group refuses because the couple have a child. Kelly tells Eric that she has asked Dody to slow the house sale down until the end of the summer. The Labor Day weekend arrives and the group prepares for the orgy...

Former SNL cast member Jason Sudeikis is the leader of the pack in "A Good Old Fashioned Orgy", at first sight maybe a classic "80s frat comedy", but is actually a lot more than that in my eyes. The major strength in this movie is the comic timing and how well the cast interact and act against each other. Jason Sudeikis is perfect in the role as Eric, a spoiled party guy that never seems to want to settle with one girl. Sudeikis acts with an ease and it´s fun to watch. The same goes for his best friend Mike played by Tyler Labine. All the female leading roles are played by attractive and lovely actresses with great comic timing, but there´s three that stands out in my opinion. The stunning Lake Bell (actress, writer and director), the beautiful Michelle Borth and "the girl next door" cute Lindsay Sloane. I think the movie has a perfect balance between funny scenes, nudity, sex, awkwardness and drunkenness. And the dialog is well performed by the cast, which has true chemistry and that is also a major strength in this movie. I reckon that is why I liked this movie, it´s not "crazy outrageous", it´s actually "believable". It´s never over the top like in many cases, it´s just funny, comic and there´s topics I can relate to. The wish for love, the initial fear of changes, a good dress up party is never wrong and the comradery between friends. The ending is predictable, but due to the spot-on casting and solid narrative it feels ok and it leaves you with a warm feeling in your stomach and a smile on your face. Good one in the comedy genre in my book.
July 4, 2014
ok due to my twisted sense of humor. this was a funny movie. i konw what ya'll thinking, B rated film. well it seems i tend to appreciate all films and this was entertaining.
July 2, 2014
Had its moments but expected a bit more.
½ May 24, 2014
This film is so so-so, it just makes sense that it's a watch that is very forgetful.
½ May 10, 2014
It was quite funny... the chemistry among the cast was spot on.
April 10, 2014
A film that builds so much in the beginning and only ends up being a bit disappointing. I still liked it though. I just noticed that the sound went a bit dodgy in the ending. haha