A Love Divided - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Love Divided Reviews

January 28, 2012
A pretty decent movie and really sad in parts since its based on real events. A really moving film.
September 22, 2009
April 22, 2009
... simple story that tells of the divide between different faiths that can exist even within a culture. It was actually rather scary to see neighbours turn into enemies, blinded by a misguided sense of righteousness and conforming to societal pressure - the heard mentality, bitterness and blind violence that had lost touch with reason... made me question how close we can cut and how uncomfortable we can all get when we scratch on society's thin veneer of racial & religious tolerance...
March 29, 2009
Very good..based on a true story about the control that a Catholic church tried to put on a small town...and sadly succeeded in some ways.
½ August 20, 2008
It's like a PBS version of a movie of the week about child abduction, complete with histrionic, spit-flecked speechifying in quaint Irish brogues.
½ July 24, 2007
Really well told TRUE story of Ireland in 1957... and a great soundtrack with the amazing song "Ae Fond Kiss" by Rabbie Burns
½ February 25, 2007
Excellent Irish film, beautifully acted by everyone right through to the supporting players. Inspiring, a fine feel for the era it was filmed, wonderful cinematography. A very touching film, top notch all the way.
February 10, 2007
love should always should be divided