A Polish Vampire in Burbank - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Polish Vampire in Burbank Reviews

October 29, 2009
If this movie looks like it was made in somebody's back yard that's beacuse it WAS, and it was done with a budget that wouldn't pay for the drugs most actor's snort on their lunch break. I'm going to stand up for Pirro and give him his props. He made a movie against all odds, shot it on 8mm film, had his lead actor drop out after shooting a couple of scenes (it was filmed without sound so Pirro had to mimic his missing star Eddie Deezen's voice himself when they looped the film), and he still managed to make a flick that showed on USA more times than I can count. And its a film which I would prefer to see again and again if given a choice of it or Roland Emmerich's latest bloated effort. Bravo for all the Mark Pirros of the world. There really aren't enough of them. Allow me to recommend his CURSE OF THE QUEERWOLF which was inspired by a character in the hot-tub scene in POLISH VAMPIRE. The exorcism scene is great. Its awaiting a dvd release, but those of you who had the foresight to keep your VCRs can still have fun.
July 6, 2009
Writer, producer and director Pirro was forced to star as Dupah, a polish vampire who has never bitten anyone, after Eddie Deezen (Eugene in Grease) quit the role. Kicked out of his castle in the Burbank hills by his father, he sets out to find his own victim and ends up with the girl of his dreams (the stunning Lori Sutton). This comedy was the first film shot in Super-8mm format to be shown on a national cable network, and ended up grossing over $500,000 on video. The film only cost about $1500 to make, and none of actors got paid much if at all, which gets my respect when you consider that the film was mostly shot at night between 12-4 am, and they probably would have had to have other jobs on the go as well. A real labour of love, and reasonably amusing - special features were interesting too.
December 9, 2007
The weirdest movie I've ever seen. A polish vampire that doesn't want to kill people to get blood. A "queer wolf" that changes sexual preference under the full moon. A very inventive movie worth seeing once so you can say you saw it.
December 6, 2006
I wonder what this is about, i think ill see it!
September 29, 2006
Not just any vampire, but hes polish!
September 1, 2006
So INCREDIBLY bad you have to love it.
January 18, 2006
i really wanna watch this