A Romance of the Redwoods - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Romance of the Redwoods Reviews

December 15, 2013
A young woman is sent over to her uncle, only to find his identity has been stolen by an outlaw. Soon enough, she even falls in love with him and decides to help him run straight. Being DeMille, this is a solid production, and Pickford's performance is excellent, but there is little to distinguish this from other silent melodramas built around an all too familiar and popular storyline of the time, that in the end usually resulted in a somewhat strained happy ending.
May 28, 2012
As I make my way through the CB DeMille silent films, they are becoming more and more watchable. This one has the very watchable and adorable Mary Pickford. I can see why she was such a big star. The stories are becoming better crafted too and the acting, though hammy, is becoming more realistic.
August 5, 2011
Cecil B. DeMille directed a lot of movies in the past. This looks like a good one.
August 5, 2010
This is defently one of my Favourie Movies a Mixture of Western, Drama and Melodrama which shows the True Face of the Wild West long before Leone, Corbucci and Eastwood. Eliott Dexter & Mary Pickford play hillarious and the Soundtrack is bombastic.