A Rumor of Angels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Rumor of Angels Reviews

November 23, 2014
A difficult movie to watch. All the characters deal with death in their own ways. Is there hope?
April 20, 2013
I loved this movie! everything about it was so calming.
December 31, 2012
I have cried during four movies in my lifetime. This is number four. A story of the plausible relationship between a young boy, and two eccentrics. A older lady and a middle-aged man. Typically, his relationship with his father and this stepmother are strained because they are not mature enough to listen. Tony Dahlin Venice
November 20, 2012
Although the religiosity of Rumor of Angels is rather schmaltzy and the melodrama a bit much, still, the message of love and hope, the warm relationship between someone very young and very old, who have both known grief and loss, and the magnificent acting of Vanessa Redgrave still make this a movie well worth seeing.
June 23, 2012
I wish I had a Maddie. Good film with my morning coffee.
May 28, 2012
An incredibly touching story about friendship, love, and hope.
December 4, 2010
Vanessa Redgrave is wonderful. Great lessons for young people and the power of love and caring.
October 20, 2010
The relationship between the older woman and the young boy is well done. They have things in common that allow them to open up with one another. She opens his mind to believe in things unseen. They talk about angels and music and use morse code to communicate with each other. Her son's death and his communication with her in the afterlife add a supernatural touch to this film.
October 11, 2010
A very touching story. Top notch actors. Oh boy did I wanna cry at the end!
June 26, 2010
Such a great movie, it's really sad also.
August 2, 2009
This movie was very touching..A nice drama about a boy dealing with the death of his mother with the help of a old lady.
½ April 6, 2009
This movie was truly spectacular and the cast is amazing. Consisting of Ray Liotta, Ron Livingston, Vanessa Redgrave and an great young actor, Trevor Morgan. The plot and character development was beautifully written. One could not expect anymore from this movie.
jjnxn
½ November 2, 2008
Vanessa Redgrave is vivid and touching as always. She alone raises this out of the ordinary, the rest of the cast is okay if a bit ill defined and there is a considerable schmaltz factor but Vanessa overcomes all obstacles.
September 13, 2008
this movie is helping me understand and deal with the loss of someone close to me. Amazing how God can use even movies to share things with us!
½ August 6, 2008
Moving and poignant. I love the use of Mozart in the accompaniment.
March 20, 2008
where can I watch it?
March 1, 2008
TOUCHING, GREAT REDGRAVE AS USUAL
February 29, 2008
An incredibly touching story about friendship, love, and hope.
½ January 12, 2008
This is one of the most powerful movies that I have EVER seen! If you've ever lost someone that you love... then this movie is a must to see... Be sure and grab some tissue before snuggling up to watch it.
January 6, 2008
Vanessa Redgrave was just great in this heart-breaking movie.