A Thousand Words - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Thousand Words Reviews

September 12, 2014
What the F@#$ was Murphy thinking.....must you sell the last of your integrity so cheaply Eddie????
September 11, 2014
Eddie murphey with no mouth is like Arnold Schwarzenegger with no legs
August 27, 2014
What in the world! What is wrong with people who didn't get this..... so Hilarious and perfect! "a Step in the right direction."

There are elements of this movie that deserve comment. I do not think before this I remember seeing Eddie reach into his personic drunk father bag from his stand up through a real role like this before. I really feel something happening in a healing way with this film. I hope that the negative reviews that it received had not closed the door on this mode of expression in comedy. Comedy needs to release a great amount of anger and reach into forgiveness, it is in that forgiveness that Comedy is born, because it is a attainment of understanding and an alignment with compassion. This vehicle allowed the artist to move through this vividly and expressively in community space without any extra motives.

The movie is excellent for the cast and the viewer equally. It is a jump point kind of film that seeks to expand without diminishing type and cast and for that alone it is brilliant and profound.
August 7, 2014
I really do not understand why people are slagging this movie. It's a great romantic comedy with an engaging and very interesting and original storyline and the acting is fine. I have seen a lot worst than this, need for speed the movie is an example of wasted time that could be spent on doing something else. Very nice film, loved it
½ August 2, 2014
Pretty Good.Suck At The Middle And End But In The First Parts Was Hilarrious.C-
August 1, 2014
A thousand words too many.

Honestly! I actually wanted to see this movie since I like Eddie Murphy! But this is just....wow. I can see why it's faded into obscurity, since this movie is awful!
Having Eddie Murphy as an unlikable central character (which is a personal pet peeve of mine) is absolutely horrible to watch. I hate his character and I wanted to see him suffer.
And watching him suffer was just...not funny. It was just a bunch of nothing happening since, well NOTHING WAS HAPPENING. He couldn't talk, and that's about it! They didn't work with the concept , which is why the comedy fails.
The one redeemable factor in this movie was the climax, which was very touching since our main character had to pick and choose his final words. He had some nice things to say. Props to the script for that.
Then the ending happened and...oh dear. This ending is awful. Just awful.
Don't watch this movie. Let this movie disappear so I will never have to talk about it again.

4/10 Bad
August 1, 2014
Con pocos dialogos la comicidad de Eddie Murphy logra salvar la pelicula. Los personajes secundarios aportan poco a la historia
July 26, 2014
Eddie Murphy in one of his worst roles. "A Thousand Words" is silly and passes no message to your audience. This film can be hilarious, but is very useless and flaccid.
½ July 21, 2014
muy divertida y excelente historia
½ July 9, 2014
"This Life is very simple and beautiful it's we who actually make it very complex and a mess, well if it is managed or lead properly it becomes a boon that you would have never expected to get from anybody"

"A Thousand Words" is an absolutely amazing movie; it's just everything about forgiveness, calm, politeness and peace. If you are totally focused on perusing the upper social mobility in turn neglecting all those sweet things that makes your life, then your striving is of no use, live for what you really want to, don't simply mess up your life with unnecessary complication, wow! its absolutely what I realized watching this movie, life is the best opportunity you get than any other chance you seem to consider as a great opportunity, so live it to its full, give up all those unnecessary hatreds, jealousy, anger, arrogance that mess up with your life and makes worse, be calm and analyze the reason behind your immediate outburst, when your mind is in peace it gets the chance to take a right decision, enjoy your living, make this world a better place to live in, make others to be happy in this one entire mysterious wonderful system called EARTH.

To mention about the making of this movie the person to be mentioned is Eddie Murphy, he is perfect with his fine combination of performances, he truly stole the show, Cliff Curtis had given proper justice to his role but the presentation makes the movie raw, screenplay could had been bit more better with some more essence of intense emotional, this movie seems to be missing something.
July 9, 2014
A super cool movie....
A fiction but some great story to learned...
People said "silent is gold"...but most of the time we take it just as saying....
Well this movie told how precious the time and value for just being silent... then start to listen and watch around
July 6, 2014
I just want to see it just to see how bad it is
June 29, 2014
A Thousand Words had potential as a successful, meaningful comedy with a good-hearted message about the consequences of our words. But instead, Eddie Murphy screwed the whole movie. Though, it might be the script's fault as well.
June 28, 2014
Eddie still at the top of his game!
½ June 27, 2014
I remember leaving this film and I rarely ever leave films that's how bad it is!!!!!
June 22, 2014
For a movie that has 0% on rotten tomatoes, I really expected much much worse. Ok this isn't a great movie, by any regards. But its not the worst movie ever created. In fact its actually kind of enjoyable. I mean I laughed in a few scenes and found the theme of the movie to be surprisingly touching. Its sappy and predictable but the movie takes a unique enough spin on this theme and it makes the predictable nature of the movie less of a negative. I think the film is worth one watch. Its not a classic or anything, but its not worthy of the 0% of critics liking it.
June 18, 2014
I love Eddie Murphy's voice. This movie took it away
June 14, 2014
Eddie has some genuine moments and I can't get enough Kerry Washington. Notably hilarious performance by Clark Duke but overall it's simply a bad movie with a ridiculous plot that could only be looked over if it was consistently funny.
June 12, 2014
A pretty stupid move with a stupid premise Eddie Murphy was ok in this movie wasn't that funny just kinda interesting C
June 8, 2014