Reviews

• Sep 11, 2009

As usual, the French have a special knack for conveying the tender and the agonising nature of visceral love. there isn't much plot, but the sweeping and spiralling cinematography, the sharp dialogue and vivid characterisations all conspire to render an undulating emotional ambience that leaves you quivering with delight and recoiling in inconsolable pathos. A masterpiece. For those of us who have travelled the tortuous and tempestuous odyssey that is amorous yearning and its evil twin, unbearable grief, this is a film for us.