A Troll in Central Park - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Troll in Central Park Reviews

December 21, 2016
The story is completely lacking in substance, the characters are very annoying and unlikable, and the dialogue is downright humiliating, but at least the character animation is still pretty decent. Anywho, Don Bluth's absolute worst film.
November 14, 2016
My ultimate favorite movie from childhood
November 2, 2016
It's supposed to appeal to children, and I get it, but damn! Like the equivalent of waving your keys in front of an infants face! Don Bluth should have walked away from this.
July 27, 2016
A Troll in Central Park's only saving grace is its animation which is admittedly pretty good, but everything else is mediocre with bad storytelling, so-so songs, forgettable characters and a dull and uninteresting storyline. It definitely is a low point in Don Bluth's career.
June 24, 2016
I hate hate hate hate this movie!
½ June 15, 2016
"The director of an American tale takes children of all ages..." Opening to this train wreak.

This is NOT for children of all ages. This fits in the embryo to one category very easily. It makes Care Bears look R-rated!
June 6, 2016
This is Don Bluth at his absolute worst. When the title is brought up, I scream in fear. This is not only Bluth's worst film, but this is also one of the worst animated films I've ever seen. The story is awkwardly predictable, the characters are atrocities, and the songs are horrible. Even the animation isn't that good. The backgrounds still look fine, but everything else looks really bad. If you see a copy of this movie, burn it to the freaking ground! This is the punishment I will bestow on this piece of crap.
½ March 21, 2016
Una de esas películas que deberían de ser menos criticadas y más recordadas.
½ January 26, 2016
Weird and creepy and boring and full of unnecessary filler. Also at times so cutesy cute that I want to puke blood. I don't think I can even recommend it for kids. Too dark and confusing for babies, too lame for anyone else. Don Bluth's worst film.
January 4, 2016
Me and my brother watched this movie all the time when we were little, we loved it then. We saw it again last week, and we STILL love it. A great movie with a great message; that the world can be a beautiful place. Love it! ð??? ð???ð???
December 15, 2015
How could Don Bluth do this?! He's directed Land Before Time, Secret of NIMH, American Tail, and suddenly THIS pops up on his agenda of movies?!

This consists of nothing but filler, annoying characters, no atmosphere, crummy songs, a VERY confused message, and just makes no sense at all. Avoid this movie like the plague!
½ September 8, 2015
Definitely a movie for small children, the bright colors, lower action angles, and simplistic plot are phenomenal for children, but not so much for anyone past the age of maybe 9-12.

There's definitely room for improvement, but an okay movie overall. Not a huge fan of the up close snarling dog at the beginning, but this movie gets really trippy, really fast to make up for it.
½ July 10, 2015
i thought it was terrible
June 14, 2015
Not a bad kids' movie. Takes an unfair amount of reactionary criticism from the pushy environmental overtones. It's not great, but it's not that bad, either.
April 30, 2015
This has got to be Don Bluth's worst film. It's totally possible for a genius director to make a bad movie, but this film is so bad you can't believe that the guy who made such classics like The Land Before Time, An American Tail, and The Secret of Nimh, could sink this low.
April 19, 2015
This movie is nothing beyond the masterpieces created by Don Bluth.
In fact, this film should not exist as a whole. It's worthless to watch, especially children with the dumbest minds should avoid stuff like this. The film has no creativity or meaning, and is dull. Even the music is terrible, I've heard kindergarden musicals that are better than this film's musical moments. The film may act as cute and innocent, but that's it's only mask to cover up how much of an awful film it is. Worst animated flick I've ever watched. I would consider it Bluth's worst film.
January 14, 2015
I remember really liking this as a kid. Was my taste in films not so very refined as a child?
½ December 8, 2014
Decent animation, a good score (excluding the songs), and NOTHING. ELSE.
½ November 2, 2014
An abysmal animation that sacrifices story, characters, and overall intelligence for smiling, flowers, and, ultimately, pointlessness.
½ October 30, 2014
Clearly intended as utterly mindless entertainment for toddlers. I realized that this has the exact same plot as The Little Troll Prince, only without the religious propaganda at the end. It's also obnoxiously similar to "We're Back."