A Bear Named Winnie Reviews

• Oct 21, 2019

It made me happy and made me cry a little. I was pleased to find out all the bears were real ! Thought the main characters were lovely. Just one question: why are all the bad people in these films portrayed as British. It is hackneyed

• Sep 13, 2018

A sweet and touching movie. So glad we watched it.

A sweet and touching movie. So glad we watched it.

• Mar 07, 2016

Billled as the true story of Winnie the pooh, it is almost nothing of the sort. However, it is the based on a true story of a Canadian Black Bear, who ended up being snuck aboard a military ship to England during World War I that ended up at the London Zoo and A.A. Miline's kid named his toy bear after the Zoo bear. It was funny and light heated, but in the end showed the problems of perpetual war even 100 years ago. I highly recommend to anyone.

• Apr 22, 2013

This is the best movie I have seen in a long time loved every minute of it!

This is the best movie I have seen in a long time loved every minute of it!

• Jun 17, 2012

as silly as it sounds

as silly as it sounds

• May 19, 2012

Michael Fassbender and a baby bear. Enough said.

Michael Fassbender and a baby bear. Enough said.

• Apr 26, 2012

A sweet, at times sad, but overall a feel-good family movie. The bears are adorable and so is Michael Fassbender. And given all the hugging and kissing going on, wouldn't you just like to be in those bears' place? :))

• Apr 24, 2012

Lovely story that gives the background of Winnie the Pooh...most beloved bear in children's books. My husband and I, while loving a thriller, really enjoyed the story.

• Oct 27, 2011

I liked it. Made me smile and also made me cry. Not crazy about movies with war and soldiers in them but this one was very touching.

• Oct 21, 2011

Woman hugs man after years apart? Meh. Bear hugs man? OH GOOD GOD B'AWW!

Woman hugs man after years apart? Meh. Bear hugs man? OH GOOD GOD B'AWW!