A Bird of the Air Reviews

• Apr 15, 2020

Dialogue is horrific, story is stupid and annoying. If you are over age 11 and have half a brain you're gonna hate this movie.

• May 02, 2019

The best part of the movie was watching to find out about the parrot's life history. I liked the way this movie was filmed, to look realistic and natural, not fake. This movie would have been much better if the actors were not "hollywood beautiful people", but with average looking actors. I would have liked to see the parrot more, not just the scenes where he spoke "clues". The ending was trying to be a happy ending, but I thought about Lyman giving up his life by basically being kidnapped by Fiona in Lyman's truck and trailer home, for 'his own good' according to Fiona. Then being driven to meet Fiona's family. Poor Lyman would never be free again, but controlled by Fiona for the rest of his life with her manipulative ways.

• Mar 09, 2015

This movie will delight any fan of romantic comedies. It is a little quirkier than most, but the relationship between these two characters is so sweet that it has to be seen at least once.

• Aug 07, 2014

Astonishingly delightful film.

Astonishingly delightful film.

• Walter M Super Reviewer
    Jul 21, 2014

In "A Bird of the Air," Lyman(Jackson Hurst, of "Drop Dead Diva") is a loner who works nights for the New Mexico highway department. Otherwise, he spends his free time taking classes at the local community college and eats at a nearby diner. That holds true until an exotic parrot drops into his lap at the trailer where he lives. While researching the true owner of the parrot and the meaning behind his enigmatic sayings, Lyman runs into Fiona(Rachel Nichols, of "The Inside," "Alias," and "Continuum" but not the Rachel Nichols who works for ESPN), an itinerant librarian. "A Bird of the Air" is a engaging and amusing romantic comedy that refreshingly relies on a cute dog for its charm this time around, instead of the usual cute baby. Beneath the surface, the movie is about the quest for knowledge and how that can improve one's life, with the mythical west as a background. That's not to mention Rachel Nichols' winning goofy performance in a definite change of pace for her.

• Dec 24, 2013

Though you could fit its story on the head of a pin, "A Bird of the Air" is a gently involving character dramedy with a pair of appealing leads who help give this offbeat movie flight.

• Jul 24, 2013

3.5 out of 5 It lost marks due to it's length but overall it was a nice picture that made me smile.

• May 27, 2013

Interesting and twisting, but a snarky dramedy with a parrot and dog.

Interesting and twisting, but a snarky dramedy with a parrot and dog.

• Sep 05, 2012

The range of emotions caught me by surprise, I realized that I was drawn into this endearing film. You feel the happiness, sadness, shock, loss, and amazement. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

• Aug 25, 2012

Loved this movie - it had it all; laughs, tears, romance, and PG rated!

Loved this movie - it had it all; laughs, tears, romance, and PG rated!