A Bottle in the Gaza Sea - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Bottle in the Gaza Sea Reviews

April 22, 2016
This was a very thoughtful movie, it showed two different view points in a realistic way, it brought out many emotions, and made me wish I could keep watching their lives until they meet again. Its a well done movie.
July 26, 2015
Some people downplay the movie as a platitude amid the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Well, reality is reality, and a movie---though sometimes fantasy---portrays the virtue of peaceful possibilities. This movie achieves that end in a fairly simple, but powerful manner.
May 6, 2015
What a wonderful portrait of life on both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. As in all conflicts, may we stop so much defending our position and learn about the positions of those who we see as our enemies. Curiosity caused Tal and Nam to learn about each other and it changed both of their lives. May we please do as much as we can to learn about this particular conflict so we can help bring it to a close.
½ October 17, 2014
Très joli! Sur fond de désastre.
May 24, 2014
Sure, there is something formulaic about young love winning out over ancient animosities, but the film is not suggesting any simplistic solutions to the conflict, and is so sweetly and beautifully done. I like to feel inspired and hopeful now and then...
July 12, 2013
'A Bottle in the Gaza Sea' is about finding friendship and perhaps even love attraction between two older teens. Even though their is a conflict between the places that they live and the current war that is going on. It both affects them in some way, specially Tal who tries to find answers on why certain things are happening. They still find a way to support each other, him learning French so his able to get out of his hometown while she supports him learning French so his able to expand himself more and leave a hostile place but perhaps for them to meet each other one day. The ending, does explain a connection between them so who knows if they truly meet in France.
½ June 16, 2013
Really good movie, a film about impossible relationships and barriers upon barriers that can only be breached by something much more simpler and less cynical.
April 12, 2013
Probably does not bring anything new or surprising, but it is well done and probably there are never too many movies about tolerance among opposing people.
½ January 23, 2013
Muy bueno historia romántica.
Muchas idas y vueltas mucha tensión, un final excelente.
Super recomendable.
August 18, 2012
Um filme sensível sobre possibilidades de aproximação em um mundo em que tudo concorre para o afastamento.
April 29, 2012
This was an amazing film. A unlikely love story, against all odds, built up over time and space , with just the digital word, 1st in English, then Francais to bring them together. Very romantic and special little film.
April 6, 2012
Very touching movie, one of the best french movies of the year !! I recommend it.
March 25, 2012
An amazing movie about making the impossible possible, through hope, hope for LOVE and PEACE... I recommend it for everyone... Peace my friends... Shalom/Salam...
February 11, 2012
Un film qui donne un peu d'espoir...