A Drummer's Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Drummer's Dream Reviews

July 5, 2016
If you're a drummer or interested in being one, you'll dig it!
May 8, 2016
Crazy talented drummers but 84 minutes of drum solos don't do much for me.
½ April 17, 2016
What can I say about this except if there were more stars I'd add them. A fascinating look in to the musical world of the drummer when some of the world's greatest among them gather at a school for young percussionists. The young people are as passionate as the drummers themselves. "Oh my" says one youngster describing what it feels like. He says at the end that when called on to play with them "it was the best day of my life-----ever." These famous individuals have a passion but also a modesty about them that really stands out in the movie. Sometimes the feeling can only be described as a "Spiritual orgasm" says Raul Rekow in a back and forth with Giovanni Hidalgo. Kenwood Dennard's dream is to make "millions of people as happy as I feel when I play the drums." Some of them I'd never heard of and I am pretty much in to music of all types, but even if you're not a fan of drum solos you'll learn some of the science behind it, awed by the incredible talent and skill and moved by how humble and human these great musicians are. Loved this movie.
April 10, 2016
One thing this movie taught me is that I really have to listen to more Dizzy Gillespie.
March 13, 2012
Brilliant! John Walker, Mike Mangini and Nasyr Abdul Al-Khabyyr stayed after the Boston screening for a Q&A as well as a performance by Kenwood Dennard.
½ November 11, 2011
It probably would have been better as an hour long TV show than as a feature documentary, but regardless, there's some fascinating drumming.
December 18, 2010
Very cool drumming doc. which features some of the best drummers on the planet teaching at a Canadian camp for a week. It is great to see the bond that these incredibly talented drummers share with no real competitiveness. The only real downside is that they don't give a whole lot of back story other then through talking, it would have been nice to see some more footage of the drummers in action from their perspective tours, but other then that, this is a must see for any drummer, music fan or person who loves hitting things with sticks.