A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow up Timmy Turner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow up Timmy Turner Reviews

½ January 31, 2016
The creativity and clever writing from the original is torn apart to a cliche'd mess of bad acting, and a horrible message about growing up (something they already did perfectly in Channel Chasers)
January 24, 2016
Now this is true entertainment.
Possibly the greatest movie since Bee Movie, A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow up Timmy Turner is a movie that truly deserves an Academy Award. it's hilarious, bold, imaginative, and emotional beyond measure. It's scarily relatable and will leave you crying, laughing, and wanting more. This is a truly legendary movie that may never be topped.
½ March 31, 2015
It actually followed the main idea of the original series with most of the same cast giving an overall good performance.
March 23, 2015
im a dick head and hate this movie.
September 6, 2014
Pretty embarrassing to watch predictable and brings up some really disturbing questions. Should have been animated because everyone acts like cartoon characters. I expected worse but its still bad pretend it doesnt exist lalalalalalalala
August 30, 2014
This compelling movie features Drake as Timmy Turner, who made an amazing cartoon seem so alive. However, I found the movie a bit much for me, and being a 22-year-old male, the plot just hit a little too close to home in what is happening in my life right now. I am experiencing a lot of troubles in my love life, and these matters are too mature for any youths. I also find the idea of harnessing the power of fairies for an oil company way too unbelievable. I mean, come on, am I right?! Despite the plot holes, I did enjoy Drake and his wonderful performance, both in the soundtrack and the role of Timmy Turner.
½ July 27, 2014
It had its ups then down. Then in the end...50/50.
December 13, 2013
While there are a few funny moments and a few good actors, this movie is a cliché-ridden mess that's nothing short of a mockery of one of the shows I really enjoyed growing up.
½ November 30, 2013
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!THIS MOVIE IS HORRIBLE
August 22, 2013
well ummmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch (being a fan of the tv series)........its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that drake bell, jason alexander (from the brilliant tv series seinfeld), cherly hines, susan blakeslee, hugh j magnate, butch hartman (the creator of the fairly odd parents has a cameo as a waiter), jesse reid, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this tv/kids/family/comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie........i think that jason alexander was absolutley brilliant throughout this movie.........i think that the special effects thorughout this movie were really good throughout this movie.......i think that this is a really funny movie 2 watch i think that this is a really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie....i think that this is a really enjoyable kids/family movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that this is a really funny movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie i think that this is a really funny movie 2 watch its got good special effects throughout this movie......i think that this is a really enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie....i think that this is an enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie
½ June 10, 2013
Just utterly horrible. Drake Bell, coming out of Drake and Josh, has turned from Starting Adult Actor, to a 10 year old who hits Puberty way too early.
½ April 7, 2013
Did Dinkleberg make this?
½ January 31, 2013
This movie is a dissapointment to the show of my childhood.
½ January 7, 2013
I like the cartoon but when they make movies like this its terrible...though I like the characters..
December 28, 2012
Oh dear this is not good. Timmy Turner is one of the worst fictional characters of all time. People need to stop watching this, and watch good movies like Iron Man, or Star Trek '09.
½ September 16, 2012
Sue me. I enjoyed it. I thought it was funny, well acted, and charming. 'Grow Up Timmy Turner' ends the franchise not in a perfect way, but in a decent enough way to have me satisfied.
August 19, 2012
It was a good idea to have a few voice actors to play there live action roles (Darren Norris- Mr. Turner), but the characters are very different from the show and this probably has the poorest writing i have ever seen. Rating: 17%/ Overall: Bad
½ August 13, 2012
10 times worse than the cartoons
½ June 17, 2012
Worst Live action cartoon movie ever and the movie that kills Drake Bell
½ April 9, 2012
As much as I liked the Fairly Oddparents show, this was really bad. Humor in this movie is so slapstick, it's bad.
Timmy is now a 23 year-old man still in the 5th grade and basically it's Oddparents in the future, around 10 years ahead of the show. Hugh J. Magnate, a poltician, plans to tear down an old childhood park, but the new and beautiful Tootie is against it, as Timmy decides to date her and Cosmo and Wanda feel more and more replaced.
This is the stupidest comedy humor- It's too much slapstick. Not even the likings of Larry David regulars save the film. Hugh J. STABmate is about the stupidest character ever. And his assistant is even just a little sane. Magnate is just the stupidest man around.
I really didn't like this- even the show just got too stupid when Poof came, truthfully. No suggesting this one.