A Girl in Every Port Reviews

• Oct 08, 2014

Weak from many points of view, but good for one viewing.

Weak from many points of view, but good for one viewing.

• Oct 01, 2014

just ok later groucho

just ok later groucho

• Dec 29, 2012

Lacks creativity, is quite dull and never gets more than a couple of chuckles. Forgettable.

• May 15, 2009

Was surprized to find this actually wasn't too bad. It's at least mildly amusing, and in fact to some extent I actually liked it more than Love Happy, which was certainly the worst Marx Bros film IMHO.

• Feb 10, 2008

A servicable effort with a decent turn from Groucho Marx in 'You Bet Your Life' mode. Not outstanding but watchable.

• Nov 26, 2007

A very poor effort from Groucho. Every second of this film I was hoping Harpo and Chico would enter and bring some refreshing humour to a film that was sorely lacking.

• Aug 28, 2006

[b]The Senator Was Indiscreet[/b] stands as the only directorial effort of George S. Kaufman, the playwright known, among other things, for his Marx Bros. scripts. And indeed it's not a bad film at all. Funny and gentle. The foremost merit of [b]A Girl in Every Port[/b] is that it has Groucho starring. No other Marxes though. It's not a bad film, but not a memorable one either. Some good lines here and there. [b]Tom, Dick and Harry[/b] has Ginger Rogers. She's engaged to all three. It also has general funniness and good dream sequences. She's very adorable. [b]A Streetcar Named Desire[/b] has just about everything. Very close to perfection comes also Luchino Visconti's adaptation of a Dostoevsky short story [b]White Nights[/b]. A gorgeous, hypnotic, intelligent and involving lovestory. The very only reason I don't give it a 10 is to make A Streetcar...look like the winner of this bunch. [i]Upgrade: I'm pumpin' it up to 10. I feel I'm not giving enough 10s.[/i]