Stephen King's A Good Marriage Reviews

• Dec 28, 2018

The film begins with a familiar situation to all of us, we go looking for some new batteries for the TV remote and instead find a hidden box of trophies from a serial killer, therefore immediately casting doubt and terror on the many years we have spent with the one we love. I imagined that this was going to be a mystery thriller where we would be tasked with figuring out whether the husband is the infamous serial killer on the news during the course of the film. However, about 10 minutes in, "well done, yes it was me". So where else can the film go from here? Well Mrs serial killer accepts her husbands previous indiscretions as long as he pinky promises he will never do it again. Has she accepted it though? or does she have her own plans to deal with her husband? It was an interesting twist on this kind of story which has been done before and the result was mostly average. Not terrible but not great either.

• Dec 13, 2017

The movie is not as good as the book.

The movie is not as good as the book.

• Oct 27, 2017

Maybe not an extraordinary movie, but I loved the actors, and the bed scene of course !

• Aug 15, 2017

Flat as flat can get. Joan Allen acts like she wants to be anywhere but in this film.

• Jun 08, 2017

Have not read the book, but I bet something went missing in the translation.

Have not read the book, but I bet something went missing in the translation.

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Apr 09, 2017

Nothing too surprising

Nothing too surprising

• Feb 17, 2017

surprisingly good twist for an LMN movie, then I noticed Steven King's credit and realized why. Bring on more!!

• Jan 08, 2017

The short story was much better and more suspenseful

The short story was much better and more suspenseful

• Jan 01, 2017

good. really good.... but definitely could have been better....

good. really good.... but definitely could have been better....

• Oct 26, 2016

With the potential to be better, this adaptation of Stephen King's novel was lackluster. However, I personally enjoyed the suspense and ambiguity as to how the story would unravel. The cast was good and the traditional mystery trope of vintage horror films was fun to watch.