A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit (1989) - Rotten Tomatoes

A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit (1989)

TOMATOMETER

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit Photos

Movie Info

It's another bank holiday in northern England, and eccentric inventor Wallace and his faithful dog, Gromit, are sitting around the house with nothing to do. While poring over stacks of travel magazines, Wallace suggests that the pair break for a hot cup of tea and some cheese. When he discovers that there's no cheese to be found anywhere in the house, he hits upon an ideal place for a picnic: "Everybody knows the moon's made of cheese." With Gromit's help, he immediately starts construction on a rocket ship, and before long the two are walking on (and tasting) the lunar surface. As they continue to explore, they are blissfully unaware that they -- and their rocket -- are being watched by a creature that has dreams and aspirations of its own. ~ Emru Townsend, Rovi
Rating:

as Wallace

News & Interviews for A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit

Critic Reviews for A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit

All Critics (19)

This is the first, and my favorite, of the three clay-animated "Wallace and Gromit" shorts.

Full Review… | February 6, 2009
Combustible Celluloid

In retrospect, the film is entertaining but not as impressive as its successors

Full Review… | September 29, 2008

Nick Park is a genius. Enough said.

August 20, 2004

A quest for cheese has never been more gutbustingly funny.

October 14, 2003
Needcoffee.com

Audience Reviews for A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit

Simple and delightful

Sylvester Kuo
Sylvester Kuo

the earliest film i remember seeing i always was intrigued by stop motion and this film expanded on my attraction to it. To me my favorite character in the whole Wallace and Gromit franchise is Gromit just because you can just look at his face and you can tell whats going through his head even though he doesn't talk its all in the eyebrows and body language and to me that's what makes everything about Wallace and gromit fun for everyone, young & old.

Michael Edwards
Michael Edwards

I remember watching this late at night on PBS when I was a good, thinking it was one of the most amazing things I'd ever witnessed. The tale that paved way for many more delectable adventures, it's hard not to consider Nick Park's long-processed flick a classic.

t h o m !
t h o m !

A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit Quotes

Discussion Forum

Discuss A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit on our Movie forum!

News & Features