A Grand Day Out With Wallace and Gromit Reviews

• Nov 06, 2019

This is one of my favourite stop motion/animated shorts ever. I love Wallace & Gromit. Even to this day as I sit and rewatch it for the first time in over a decade I still laugh with childish delight. In retrospect, it might be abit antiquated and not as 'smooth' compared to its successors. But it's a comfy piece of art, nonetheless. I feel like this journey that we follow them on is a dream I had as a child. The jokes in this original mostly focus on the fact that Wallace loves cheese. Trying to decide where to go on holiday. They settle on going to the moon. Because "everyone knows the Moon is made from cheese." Its childishly entertaining. Sometimes you just look at Wallace's face and laugh. He is so typical 'Yorkshire'. All Yorkies love this film. I love the rustic look of the clay-mation. Love the look of the moon. W & G walking around the moon is interesting to watch. The vending machine type robot is a cool idea to have in the film. He doesn't seem impressed with Wallace just eating the Moon. His reaction is quite entertaining. As Wallace is trying to compare the Moons taste to that of contemporary cheeses. Funny stuff. The ending is sweet. Good job Nick Park. "No crackers Gromit, we've forgotten the crackers!"

• Jul 21, 2019

A Grand Day Out with Wallace and Gromit is a 1989 British stop-motion animated short film directed and animated by Nick Park at Aardman Animations. I really enjoyed the first and middle sections of this film, which contain some very funny gags and scenes. It loses something in the final section when the focus is taken off Wallace and Gromit, but it's still an enjoyable experience overall.

• Jun 20, 2018

Absolute Icon, 5/5 everyone should watch this.

Absolute Icon, 5/5 everyone should watch this.

• Feb 27, 2018

I'm not saying A Grand Day Out was bad, it's just that the plot doesn't have much of a a focus. don't get me wrong the plot is executed perfectly, the animation is excellent and Wallace and Gromit themselves are lovable. but is just that the writing (although perfectly executed) may feel a little bit rushed.

• Feb 03, 2018

An excellent film from the start of their career. 1989 just so people know and full of excellent background bits. How to have fun with Plasticine and it isn't a nasty brown bit with hair in... :-)

• Dec 29, 2017

i seriuosly hate this movie to a degree probably because my 8 year old brother is always watching about 50 times a day and he does it on my computer, tv and family tv for no reason and when i want to atch something else he starts crying.

• Aug 01, 2016

Finally persuaded my son to watch Wallace & Gromit with me and what a joy this was. Cannot believe this film is 27 years old! It's really funny and really clever animation though, my son and I both loved it.

• Jan 09, 2016

one of the best cartoon moves ever.

one of the best cartoon moves ever.

• Sep 02, 2015

Stop motivation animation never seems to stop impressing me, as this 23 minute film is Wallace and Gromit at they best. A Grand Day Out has the best mix of comedy, imagination, and a sense of adventure that made this animated movie truly special.

• May 07, 2015

Nothing like eating a vegan mac 'n cheese while watching a [childhood favorite] movie about a man and his dog who go to the moon to get some cheese :)