A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints Reviews

September 8, 2016
The adult scenes were kind of dragging down, but this realistic coming of age film is decent. It showcases the grittiness of urban life, with some decent performances all around. I would only recommend for hardcore fans of the cast or fans of gritty coming of age films.
September 18, 2015
A well done,gritty coming of age story that's well crafted...surprisingly good.
½ September 1, 2015
Knowing that the director experienced these events makes the film seem more moving. Whereas my first thoughts were that it is a jumbled mess with flat direction.
August 21, 2015
A good Shia lebouf movie to watch over and over
August 16, 2015
Channing Tatum and Shia LaBeouf shine in this coming of age tale told through the eyes of Dito Montiel. This is a must see.
August 3, 2015
Great movie very sad though
½ July 11, 2015
Flawed but entertaining coming of age drama.
½ January 8, 2015
It is a good movie, but it just didn't connect with me.
½ August 7, 2014
A little familiar, but genuinely affecting and really honest-feeling. Great acting and directing.
½ July 22, 2014
a generally good film. the acting/dialogue was well done, and i liked the documentary-like visual style which made the film more real. I thought the film was really intense - to think that such things actually happen in the world is horrible. I felt like the movie didn't really resolve, but i guess that's real life ...
½ July 7, 2014
Great emotion, great storytelling, good acting. Definitely worth a watch.
June 6, 2014
'I left everything, and everyone. But no one, no one has ever left me.'
½ May 31, 2014
A very different and raw movie, but great nonetheless.
April 22, 2014
Missed this first time around. Some great performances and editing to tell a straightforward story.
½ February 16, 2014
A powerful drama, with a very talented cast...
February 1, 2014
Amazing film! Bravura performances. I can't believe I never saw this.
½ January 2, 2014
The more I watch this movie the more I like it. With time, the film simply grows on you.
½ December 25, 2013
Characters that aper at first glance as ignorant, racist and simply uninteresting slowly grow on you over the coarse of a gritty setting, inspiring dialogue and an ending that leaves your head throbing while you try and sleep at night.
September 2, 2013
Uninteresting and told a thousand times before. Despite a few great core cast members and a few action sequences, this film fails to do more than make you look at your watch.
August 15, 2013
El director Dito Montiel no logra que la audiencia se interese en ninguno de los personajes, que, combinado con un ritmo letárgico, resulta un filme curador de insomnio.