A Haunting in Salem - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Haunting in Salem Reviews

January 8, 2015
It was okay, not as bad as I had anticipated.

The acting was bad, just bad. The story was basically the same as many other haunting stories surrounding houses, but was expecting more of the witch angle in this one. It was only sort of in the background.

Still not absolutely brutal or anything, I watched it until the end lol
October 1, 2014
This is by far the worst movie I have ever seen, the only thing that terrifies me about this movie is how crappy the story line is and how historically incorrect everything was. It's not scary at all ,bad acting by all characters it was just full of crap. So for this being bad as we speak, and please begging to stop making horror movies if they know how to do them, I give "A Haunting In Salem"an F.
½ July 11, 2014
Not bad for a B movie. Good horror elements but no originality. It is a B movie after all.
½ June 17, 2014
Well, there is Haunting in Connecticut then there is this. I will never get this time back.
May 28, 2014
Surprisingly creepy and intense. But the ending gets messed up a little bit
December 20, 2013
Terrible acting and special effects
October 12, 2013
shitty movie with a shitty ending
October 6, 2013
Bill Oberst's hardcore talent saves this film. The extreme quantity of historical inaccuracies aside, I must say the jump scenes were well done, special effects were adequate. The story line moves quickly, almost too quickly to allow one to connect with the characters other than Oberst.
October 1, 2013
DUMB.....bad acting.....all the way.
August 10, 2013
This was the most dumbest and most cheesiest movie I have ever seen... very fake and dumb. Don't waste your time...
July 6, 2013
The scariest part of this movie was Bill Oberst's face
June 10, 2013
So far so good..love watching late night horror movies in a rain storm w/ my boo. ????
March 24, 2013
This movie is bad on every level. I wasted 1 hour and 30 minutes trying to figure out if Bill Oberest Jr.?s face had something to do with an ending that might pull the pieces together. But life being what it is, I was bored and bored can get.
½ November 8, 2012
Creepy, Suspenseful, Superb. Amazing!
½ November 7, 2012
The movie has its fair share of scares but the acting is so terrible it almost ruins the film. I mean, it's laughable if it weren't so pathetic. That said, there are worse choices out there than A Haunting in Salem. At least it's mildly entertaining and the fright factor is relatively high.
September 7, 2012
Some good scenes, but overall this was a mess. There was no logic in characters actions, the dialogue was atrocious
August 31, 2012
it was entertaining and kept me watching.
August 25, 2012
There is actual lore to this story...which they used 1 line of. This isn't even in a New England town as you can tell its filmed in CA (mountains in background, everything else is flat). All disciplines of film-making represented here is sub-par. Watch the wife flinch near the end while liquid is poured on her. Too bad they didn't delve in to the actual story, so much scarier. Can't even MST3K this horrible mess.
August 12, 2012
Not very good acting, semi-okay plot, semi-Amityville Horror ripoff. For me, this movie was more comically entertaining and aggravating than it was scary.