A Housekeeper (Une femme de ménage) Reviews

• Sep 12, 2015

extremely slow & predictable bordering on cliche

extremely slow & predictable bordering on cliche

• Oct 28, 2014

My review: http://themuletamer.com/1/post/2014/10/movie-review-of-the-housekeeper.html

• Jan 19, 2012

relationships come and go in this idyllic French fare. Bacri shines in his role as a middle-aged divorcee.

• Apr 09, 2011

a somewhat quirky and disgruntled divorcee (think Jack Nicholson) decides to clean up the trainwreck in his apartment, and ultimately, heart, by inviting a young inexperienced cleaner to come in. surprisingly little drama ensues for the rest of the movie, aside from the expected. though this is typical of berri's works which capture mood and setting more than plot development, i found this one rather slow. if you'd like a well-told coming of (masculine old-)age tale, catch Elegy.

• May 19, 2010

I kept waiting for some kind of interesting twist - there wasn't one... :S

I kept waiting for some kind of interesting twist - there wasn't one... :S

• alan j Super Reviewer
    Jan 25, 2010

Nice decent tale of a middle age man meeting and having a relationship with a much younger, very pretty woman. A bit slow in spots, but pretty wistful by film's end. Small story told well.

• Wahida K Super Reviewer
    Dec 12, 2009

It is similar to the House Sitter, nothing special.

It is similar to the House Sitter, nothing special.

• Jul 08, 2009

Not much to this movie, and if it didn?t end the way it did, it would be a 1.5 star movie. However, it didn?t pander by the end. The only problem is that the beginning 45 minutes is very pedestrian. I just left it on while on the road, and it never really captured my attention, but I could follow. Then, it does take some new approaches to what it was trying to serve up. And I love the end setting. Nothing to avoid but nothing to reach for.

• Jun 12, 2009

Sweet in its own way, so long as you can suspend disbelief when it comes to the sweet young girls infatuation with the grumpy, unattractive old man.

• Jan 24, 2009

Not a bad movie. If this was remade in America, it would be sentimentalized and sappy and the ending would be changed. It wasn't the best movie, but it was enjoyable enough while I was watching it.