A League of Ordinary Gentlemen Reviews

• Nov 28, 2011

A very good documentary on the modern bowling circuit. I've always been a fan of bowling, so I'm a little biased, but I think even people with no interest in the sport will find this documentary compelling.

• Aug 31, 2011

A League of Ordinary Gentlemen is a great doc about pro bowling. Also, the only doc about pro bowling. 6.5/10

• May 16, 2011

ALoOG does what only a great documentary has the ability to do -- take a subject that might not be interesting and make you care about it. While bowling is fun, I've never been a huge fan, especially of professional bowling. ALoOG follows the downfall and attempted rebirth of the sport, following a handful of interesting characters and revealing the human side of their journeys to becoming the champion. On top of that, ALoOG is a vivid portrait of how corporatized the world has become. The rebirth of bowling as a professional sport is all thanks to making it a product on TV (like so many things). And like all those commercial things, it doesn't matter what you are selling any more, but just if you can make money on it. So things like, the sport actually being about playing bowling, etc now longer are important to the Bowling League, but only if they are making money. That harsh truth, however isn't enough to spoil the fun you will have with this film however. You should rack this one up. It's a winner!

• Mar 28, 2011

interesting documentary on the demise and resurrection of the professional bowlers tour.....

• Feb 10, 2011

this was way more amusing than i thought it would be.

this was way more amusing than i thought it would be.

• Oct 24, 2010

As in any good documentary, some of the figures are sad and others are triumphant but the movie as a whole offers a great look at a now overlooked sport that was once bigger than football in the States. The championship match game at the end offers enough drama to keep you glued to tv and I pretty much want Steve Miller to speak at every event I attend from now on.

• Jul 17, 2010

starts off slow but really touches your heart at the end.

starts off slow but really touches your heart at the end.

• Oct 27, 2009

"nobody never has not fun bowling"?

"nobody never has not fun bowling"?

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Oct 19, 2009

Youd think a documentary about bowling would be boring but I was suprised how much I enjoyed this flick.Great documentary

• Jun 14, 2009

A great documentary about bowling.

A great documentary about bowling.