A Lion in the House Reviews

• Apr 11, 2019

This is a must see for any medical student--even those not going into pediatric oncology. The very human stories unveil individual and family struggles but also the pivotal interactions among medical personnel, patients, and patients' families.

• Mar 20, 2015

Exremely well-done, but hard to watch at times. This is about children with cancer and they don't all survive.

• Jul 19, 2013

I had absolutely no idea what the face of pediatric cancer was, until I saw this film....Like it says "One day at a time, hug your kids, make sure you tell them that you love them..." At points, unable to watch without tears streaming down my face.... such an unfair disease :-(

• Apr 16, 2013

This movie was required for my nursing degree, for Peds nursing. It was the saddest, most heart-wrenching movie I have ever seen. And probably the saddest movie I ever WILL see. It's not for the faint of heart. It is a wonderfully documented movie, & while I feel it is amazing, it maybe is something I could have done without seeing. I wish there were updates on the families, however....

• Mar 04, 2011

An absolutely devastating, powerful documentary.

An absolutely devastating, powerful documentary.

• Feb 28, 2011

Devastating isn't enough. I...can't put it into any other word, but it doesn't feel like that's enough for it. I was a mess during the last two hours. Bawling all over the place. It's a very powerful film, but I could not watch that again. At the same time though, I don't know if I could ever recommend it to anyone, just because it's so damn hard to sit through.

• May 19, 2010

You will never forget these five brave children fighting cancer. This movie takes you on a remarkable journey with their families and the medical staff of the Cincinnati Children's Hospital dealing with the highs and lows of chemo, remissions, relapses and in a few cases, end of life decisions. These children have such great personalities that it is heartbreaking to see how the disease slowly and gradually extinguishes their spirit. I was impressed with the hospital staff's efforts to help each family face the challenges with compassion and dignity.

• Nov 21, 2008

Harrowing, gut wrenching, uplifting documentary about 5 families dealing with pediatric cancer.

• Oct 04, 2008

Perhaps the length of the film might deter some people, but this film is exceptional. The personal struggles of the children and their families is enlightening and also gut-wrenching. An amazing subject to have captured on film.

• May 27, 2008

Be prepared to cry ! A documentary made by cancer survivor about children fighting cancer.