A Lonely Place to Die - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Lonely Place to Die Reviews

January 17, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........
January 13, 2015
Foul-mouthed , violent rubbish
Francisco G.
December 1, 2014
I was quite enjoying this flick, thanks to a well pulled mystery, to our heroes being no dummies, experienced mountaineers and to some glorious vistas. Then, it gives one too many twists and they're not exactly fully satisfying. Still, it's entertaining enough while it lasts, featuring a shitload of things happening at all times, making good use of its strengths, hiding most of its flaws away in the process.
November 26, 2014
Disturbing plot, rather violent, but with some great Scottish scenery.
November 16, 2014
This film was definitely an intense thriller. But the real gem of this film is the gorgeous photography and long panning shots of the Scottish Highlands. I really loved how the film opens with the cast and crew credits superimposed on the beautiful Scottish landscape.
½ November 12, 2014
At the end of the film I was disappointed, but not because this was a bad film, but because it was not what I thought it was going to be. This is a classic, 80's style, action thriller. It is not a horror movie. That being said, there is a lot to like. The cinematography is absolutely astounding and the director knows how to create likable characters. Also, the writing is good by very cleverly justifying certain "dumb" decisions. I can't go any further in fear of spoilers, though. Unfortunately, there were some times where I felt the individual parts did not create a well crafted whole. Music often did not fit the scenes in parts, and the director wasn't confident in how he shot certain action set pieces. It all felt a little...experimental. The film is by no means a failure, but I am more interested on what the filmmakers can achieve in other films.
October 20, 2014
Parts Are Mixed & Confusing. Spends Little Time Developing The Story & Focuses On The Cat-&-Mouse Kill-Off Of Characters. Could Have Had A Bit More Depth, But Did Okay For What It Was.
October 16, 2014
If you only see the first ten minutes of this film, you'll watch it
½ September 29, 2014
Another British underrated thriller that will grip you throughout. With tremendous execution of cinematography but lacks of story telling thinking this would have been a potential suspense killer.
½ September 14, 2014
I've watched a few films with Melissa George as the lead, most of which I can't remember because they weren't great, so didn't hold out too much hope for this. To be fair, it's probably the best I've seen her do though as it did have a free flowing storyline and a believable concept. What started out as a five person rock climb amongst the Scottish highlands, soon turned into a mafia warfare as the Trekkers accidentally stumble across a young girl that is being held captive by foreign gangsters as a means of demanding a ransom from her rich parents. It's fairly basic but executed quite well, which is similar to how I would describe some of the deaths in it too. It's low budget production creates a more lifelike and raw depiction of the blood and guts and although some of the other actors are fairly average, the action keeps the credibility levels above water. The film has a bit of a change of direction midway through as the adventure drifts from a cat and mouse chase within the woodland, right through to a night time carnival. For me, there was a lot of unpredictability about what was going to happen next and that's a good thing, however I do feel it ended quite abruptly with little explanation as to what happened to all the characters, and why such an event was occurring. Give or take a few years, I may be tempted to try and retrace my steps to see if in fact any of it was already explained in the concluding events, although it isn't quite up there with the movies I'm desperate to view again just yet.
September 12, 2014
An average thriller/horror movie, with plot holes. It starts off good, but then the story gets kind of unrealistic and silly. I loved the the parts with the mountains and climbing, those were the most thrilling pieces of the movie.
The cast was alright.
August 29, 2014
definitely want to see more from the Gilbey bros
July 13, 2014
From a climbers perspective this is right up there with vertical limit. Almost all of it was wrong. Do not do anything they did in this movie or you will end up just like them... Dead. All of the problems faced could be easily avoided and climbed properly.
½ July 12, 2014
Really good and action packed!!! The suspense is awesome and some of the imaging is grueling especially any time someone falls. I really enjoyed it!
July 2, 2014
Citer suspen terbaik!! Terbaik!!!! cinematography terbaik!! Storyline terbaik!! recommended ok sape lom tgok. Cite ni lg bebaloi dri tgok cite wyang sblom2 nih
½ June 6, 2014
An ok movie. Nothing I will watch again, and can't even say I recommend it, it just was..
½ May 28, 2014
What a horrid film. Well shot, great-looking, fairly well acted and initially very tense, but the latter half suffers with a lot of pacing problems and a confusing narrative. But overall, it's intensely depressing.
½ May 15, 2014
I do not usually watch this type of films, and stupidly stayed up too late again watching it. Running, climbing and shooting. And almost everyone dies...... Just made sure i will never take up climbing......
½ April 28, 2014
If you are in the mood for something special, unique, unusual, different, or a change of pace - watch something else.

If you want a pretty well-done bit of the usual thriller, this is worth your time and money. You won't leave the viewing hating it or loving it. Perhaps like a generic meal at a franchise like Chili's or Applebee's...If you're hungry, it'll do....
½ April 15, 2014
A painfully slow beginning amassed with a cast of many unlikeable characters can (maybe) be redeemed with some slight sentimentality and a satisfying ending, but it constantly feels like it's trying to force new characters and plot elements that the director comes up with at the last second down your throat and ends up becoming a mess.