A Lonely Woman (Kobieta Samotna) Reviews

• Aug 31, 2010

a good psychological portrait of two immature matures. besides, the failure of Communism shown in a blunt manner

• Mar 28, 2009

In my opinion, this is one of the greatest Polish films and Feminist films ever made. Overwhelmingly bleak and sad, this is the most damning film I've ever seen about how political oppression gets inscribed into the daily lives of women, not to mention (probably) the most clear indictment of how Polish Communism failed its female citizens. Wonderfully directed by the brilliant Agnieszka Holland, this should be standard viewing in any women and film class. I can't think of film that's more underrated than this.