A Midsummer Night's Dream Reviews

• Aug 31, 2013

Whimsical set design, well-spoken actors.

Whimsical set design, well-spoken actors.

• Jul 02, 2013

Shakespeare's hard enough to understand, but add in bizarre and you get a not very good movie.

• Nov 03, 2012

One of my favorite Shakespearean plays, however this adaptation didn't impress me. I hated the faeries costumes and the whole little boy watching/dreaming about the play. It did get better towards the end, but the first 40 minutes or so dragged out for me... and that's the best part of the play. I'd rather just read the play than watch this again.

• Apr 13, 2012

It was ok -- the best part of it is at the end, the play within the play. The frame of being in the dream of a boy did not really work for me.

• Apr 11, 2008

A truely brilliant adaption. Som of the acting was slightly lax but performances by Kevin Klein and Michelle Pfeiffer more than made up for it. I might go so far as to call it a masterpiece!

• Mar 28, 2008

BAD. The only redeeming thing about it was that Alex Jennings' Oberon bore a strong resemblance to Jareth from Labyrinth, but without the singing. LAME.

• Feb 04, 2008

downright wierd adaption filmed in theatrical format. movies of plays are dumb. it is better to see it live

• Dec 03, 2007

I like any of the movies of A Midsumer Night's Dream

I like any of the movies of A Midsumer Night's Dream

• Nov 10, 2007

I love Midsummer, but I could not stand this version, the acting reminded me of some terrible high school students I saw doing it that thought they knew what they were doing, but didn't. Not one bit. Not at all.

• Nov 06, 2007

It was very pretty but other than that just okay.

It was very pretty but other than that just okay.