A Nice Girl Like You Reviews

• Oct 02, 2020

Slow to start, however, majority of the movie was funny (Gosh I love a good rom com). Not every woman, or man, out there is sexually experienced, emotionally and/or intellectually satisfied, so I like that this was explored. I've definitely met people like a few of the characters in my lifetime. I do wish there was a bit more to the ending.

• Sep 23, 2020

Lucy Hale brings her charm to the screen but even that cannot save how unwatchable the film is. The forced comedic moments don't land. There's no meaningful storyline leaving you questioning the purpose of the film.

• Sep 16, 2020

Loved it! Really enjoyed this film 👍💘💘💘

Loved it! Really enjoyed this film 👍💘💘💘

• Sep 15, 2020

Critics say this is bland and it's overrated. That they makers didn't go far enough with what they expected. The thing is younger people of 2020 are bound to watch this, especially as its available free. People nowadays laugh and feel good watching this kind of rubbish. Half of the film is entertaining, funny and smartly executed. The other half is a cringe vest of frustrating, overacted, flat, predicable hormonal garbage. Let's be honest. Lucy plays a character called Lucy but the audience could struggle to engage with and care about the character. She's rather stuck up, except to her group of desperate and very strange friends. Lucy plays her role unconvincingly at times. Love at first site some man walks in the toilets to check on a girl he thinks is having sex or a domestic. Acts all nice but only for sex. Then the pair meet again in an adult store - and are the only two there. (you know as you do) then within no time he is just a creep. Also painting all men with the same brush from the outset. Erm how about the ex boyfriend she was with who told her he wanted more out of her wasn't wrong in what he said he was just trying to get more out of her. Lucy wakes up still with her hair and full set of makeup done. I mean come on. Also what's with all the places she visits like it's that simple and people in them places are that pretty. I think your wasting your time watching this but others wouldn't be put off.

• Aug 07, 2020

I WANT to like this so much. Sound is mixed horribly, there apparently was no director, I assume the book has to be better because the screenplay is awful, it's just utterly unendearing. The actors are trying their best but the characters are flat. I think there may have been no research done into string quartets or strip clubs. I adore Lucy Hale, but.... I hope she got a nice paycheck.

• Aug 03, 2020

Few things take me out of a movie more than watching a lead character badly act their way through trying to play a musical instrument - I can just about handle it when it's a few minutes...but this was especially painful to watch because of the sheer amount of screen time dedicated to her career as a "virtuoso" violinist - scene after scene after scene of just agonizingly awkward fake playing...not once did I see her rosin her bow, and not a single one of them had a chin rest between them. I just can't .... Why?

• Aug 03, 2020

Honestly, really enjoyed this. Wasn't really expecting to, and Lucy Hale was quite brilliant & hilarious. I can say with all honesty that I would watch this again. And besides her "list" had me cthu.

• Aug 03, 2020

Bought this VOD on Prime Video. (This isn't on Movies Anywhere so it won't populate to your other libraries.) VELMA DINKLEY IS IN A HILARIOUS SEX COMEDY! Lucy Hale is very engaging, but Mindy Cohn was a big part of my deciding to purchase this movie. She lends a gravitas to the whole thing. Jackie Cruz is from Orange Is The New Black and is in Tremors: Island Fury that comes out this year. Adhir Kalyan from Rules of Engagement is in this too. I have missed his hilarity since Rules Of Engagement ended. The gig is setting up Lucy Hale to fail over and over in super funny situations. And this movie sets them up and knocks them down in utterly delightful ways. The music in the fiddle scene in Vegas was super AWESOME! Over and over and over this movie is just fun and delightful.

• Jul 22, 2020

Yet another fail from Lucy Hale 🤦‍♂️

Yet another fail from Lucy Hale 🤦‍♂️

• Jul 18, 2020

Not only a terrible concept for a romantic comedy, but also one that has been done before in different forms and with betters actors. This was only a poor excuse for dumbing down Lucy Hale as someone who doesn´t know the workings of sex and throwing here into embarrassing situations.