A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master Reviews

• Apr 18, 2019

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 is an unnecessary sequel, but ultimately offer some good kills and a bit of a laugh. It does not bring anything new to the series, but you can see that they have improved the formula and now know what people like in A Nightmare On Elm Street. I had just wished that they would continue with the story line of the third installment instead of just putting them in the beginning. We would have cared more for the characters since we've already seen a whole movie with them. I would recommend this movie to all the gore lovers and the slashers fans that are tired of all the lame kills that you can find in the other slasher franchise.

• Feb 25, 2019

The beginning of the end end for the Nightmare movies. This is the first of the MTV movies where Freddy goes hollywood. However if you can separate yourself from the dark horror of the previous films this movie is fun. They throw a lot of weird crazy visuals at you. I left the theater entertained and enjoyed the ride. Alice is one of the best final girls in a horror movie but she doesn't get a lot of credit because of one ok movie and a pretty bad sequel.

• Feb 13, 2019

Although, I'm not a fan of what happened in this sequel and it leads to the downfall of this franchise, I found The Dream Master to be okay for the most part.

• Jan 29, 2019

when i saw the movie i was thought that this film was the ''nightmare''.

when i saw the movie i was thought that this film was the ''nightmare''.

• Nov 01, 2018

Actually a lot better than I thought. I'm a fan of the original horror gore flicks from when special effects weren't so prominent.

• Oct 24, 2018

This had some amazing kills, but several mediocre one liners and it had a predictable plot.

• Oct 21, 2018

Really well done impressive visual acid trip of a horror film . The transition of shy Alice 'Lisa Wilcox ' to kick ass Freddy killer was fun. a superior horror picture that balances wit and gore with imagination and intelligence.

• Oct 06, 2018

As an opportunity of being a definitive closure, Dream Master fails to provide a proper conclusion to the already tired franchise, and while Renny Harlin direction establishes it's obvious intentions of having a hell of a fun ride, praising its great use of practical effects, the lack of suspense and true horror for the sake of the slasher extravaganza, confusing re-casting, and Englund's memorable character put into involuntary-dark humor makes this fourth entry a forgettable (and unnecessary) one.

• Sep 16, 2018

It's as if the VFX team took over, they're top-tier (along with the shots and production design), but they're in service of a mean-spirited story not really worth mentioning.

• Aug 29, 2018

While some scenes are irresistibly cringe, and acting goes flatline at times, Dream Master exceeds in quality effects, imaginative death scenes, and an exceptional plot. This sequel stands tall, but falls behind Its predecessor.