A Place at the Table - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Place at the Table Reviews

November 23, 2013
Hungary children in America and in California. The do nothing government acts as if there concerned,and do little to nothing about it. Jeff Bridges has a wonderful organization. God bless you Jeff.
November 19, 2013
A great documentary that attacks lobbyists, agribusiness , and food aid programs . An eye opening documentary!
½ November 14, 2013
A Place at the Table is almost impossible for me to review without writing a book.
November 14, 2013
I'm literally in tears watching this. I feel for the adults in North America who don't have enough money or access to REAL FOOD, but for the children who have no choice but to eat the processed CRAP available because it's cheap... it's heartbreaking! Obesity, developmental delays, fatigue, inability to concentrate... children should NOT have to deal with this! :'(
½ October 30, 2013
A very interesting and informative docu, it'll flip your views of food, obesity, policy, etc..snippets:
50 million people in the USA are food insecure (don't know where their next meal is coming from), 1/4 kids are hungry, in a country with more than enough to feed all
October 14, 2013
Hunger is closer than we think, often hidden behind the fat
½ October 1, 2013
This movie is a call to arms. A Place at the Table is not a happy documentary but one that will cause you to be happy for what you have and make you ready go out and make a difference.
October 1, 2013
enchanting and enlightening documentary film about hunger in the United States.
September 24, 2013
My church is among those described in this documentary that work tirelessly to feed the hungry, but watching this excellent film proves that the real solution lies in political will to allocate resources intelligently. Everyone should see this to understand how simple it would be to fix the problem of children going hungry in this country... and to then insist our representatives do the right thing!
½ September 22, 2013
Eventually I'm just going to end up eating grass that I have a positive emotional relationship with that I've grown myself from wild seed that I've collected myself and offered tobacco for.
September 10, 2013
A movie that everyone should see to understand that their neighbors are enduring hunger while the political will remains negligible, requiring us all to stand up to change our food system and to ensure all Americans have food that is bountiful.
September 6, 2013
This documentary really wants to talk about poverty but doesn't. It wants to speak to the root cause of inequality but doesn't. It says that structures of power and class are the reason for hunger and malnutrition in the U.S. but doesn't go beyond mentioning it. This documentary is really hungry for a powerful critique of capitalism.
September 6, 2013
Wow, it made me sad. The one thing that made me angry was that the church fed everyone on Wednesdays and the pastor said "there should be a church in every community". I was angry because I am an atheist and I think the church is the biggest scam there is. If there was no church there would be more money for the people. Yet it is a never ending cycle, where the church preys on the vulnerable and the vulnerable are the most likely to donate their money to the church simply because they need the most hope and they are the least educated. But yet it showed the church who had the money to feed that many people. Because all these same people are donating money to the church. It is sad and eye opening if you look at it from a critical eye.
August 24, 2013
Eye opening doc leaves you feeling ashamed that hunger and malnutrition are so commonplace in the US.
½ August 18, 2013
Educational and not painfully so.
August 17, 2013
Doesn't make sense - in one word - GOVT
½ August 13, 2013
"Hunger in America is not about a shortage of food but an abundance of poverty". An shocking film supported by sensational statistics and performances by real characters
August 10, 2013
17 million kids go to bed hungry in this country....1980 there were 200 food banks....today there are 40,000....
tax cuts for wealthy 2%....social programs cuts ... have led us to our current predicament....disgraceful this is happening in and around us...a bag of chips is cheaper than fruits n veggies which has led to malnutrition n obesity in American children...
Good documentary that sheds some light on hunger crisis "made in America"
August 8, 2013
An outstanding documentary. I know we can do better, and I'm so sad that we don't have the will to do something about this.
½ August 4, 2013
I've seen it. Now see it!