A Prayer Before Dawn Reviews

• Dec 04, 2019

Boring. Characters were uninteresting to say the least.

Boring. Characters were uninteresting to say the least.

• Oct 22, 2019

Every movie related to prison or boxing/martial arts have good storyline to it, this movie combines both prison life and boxing so it is great! The perseverance and courage shown by the protagonist is mind blowing and the story has been portrayed with realistic emotions and an outstanding performance by Joe Cole. In my opinion, someone who likes hardcore boxing movies, this movie is a must watch ! Thanks.

• Oct 04, 2019

This is an excellent movie for many reasons, the principle reason being the incredible level of realism in it. The movie is gritty and grim, but tells an absolutely mind blowing tale. I'm truly amazed that it's based on a real man's life story. It is a compelling art form to be able to create something so dark that feels so real. I really felt like it was all really happening in a real prison. If I had to guess why the audience score is lower, it's perhaps because the storyline is such a disturbing one. I thought to give it a lower rating because I felt disgusted by the contents of the story, but that just wouldn't be fair. I'd hate to be trapped in a Thai prison. It would be a total nightmare. In any case, this movie is a monumental achievement in storytelling. I'm not sure I need to watch it again, but I have to sing its praises as an amazing work.

• Sep 15, 2019

10 min later im still sitting with my jaws clenched... what an spine-freezing intense story and performace!

• Jul 30, 2019

The acting was good, but the movie as a whole and plot were garbage. The fight scenes were awful, holes in the plot everywhere, and no real point to this movie.

• Jun 23, 2019

Very graphic and violent, powerfully acted and skillfully shot but not compelling enough.

• Jun 17, 2019

Realistic, brutal and intensely visceral, 'A Prayer Before Dawn' is a tough, but rewarding watch as we watch a man fight his inner demons whilst also contending with an unforgiving environment in the form of a Thai prison. It's a great character arc that feels very genuine, not only because it practically is (it's based on true events), but also thanks to a superb central performance from Joe Cole. If there's one takeaway here, it's absolutely don't get arrested in Thailand.

• Mar 15, 2019

Biopic on an odyssey in a Thai prison among toxic, murderers and loves with the "ladyboys", raw, violent and brutal even in the directorial choices, as interesting as a documentary on sex tourism in the same nation. Luckily it grossed just half a billion dollars. (Mauro Lanari)

• Feb 21, 2019

I’ve been to Bangkok and was fortunate Not to go to many of the places that they did. An unsettling film punctuated by moments of sheer terror and primal competitive excitement.

• Jan 29, 2019

If you enjoy movies about faggy diseased prison sex then this movie is right up your pooper pipe.