A Violent Separation Reviews

• Aug 11, 2019

I love Alycia, so the movie is good because of her, but the plot is weak, and the end of the movie is confused.

• Jul 27, 2019

Good heavy drama, although a little overdramatized. Sonically and visually dramatic, but the audio and dialogue are often unclear, and the DVD lacks captions.

• Mel
    Jul 22, 2019

The acting had its highs and lows. The story seemed incomplete and rushed for a film. Plus it was pretty predictable. Alycia Debnam-Careys awesome performance made the movie as good as it was. If it werent for her it wouldnt be watching. Overall decent movie had it felt more complete.

• Jul 14, 2019

Love the cast & the movie keeps ur attention. Much better than I expected. I definitely recommend this movie & would watch it again! Loved it!!

• Jun 02, 2019

GREAT!!! Riveting, the entire movie. You won't want to miss a word or sight in this film!!!

• Jun 01, 2019

A very good southern gothic.

A very good southern gothic.

• May 26, 2019

This is a really great movie. At first, I was worried that the script wouldn't carry the drama and intensity of tension between the characters, but I was wrong. Kudos to all of the actors, director, and DP. Well done!!!

• May 18, 2019

No frills. Strong performances and a handful of really powerful scenes. Starts a little slow and you have to buy in a little to the plot but theres enough meat on the bone that it will stay with you, long after the haunting score fades out on the final scene. Fans of Alycia Debnam-Carey and Brenton Thwaites will not be disappointed. 4 out of 5.

• May 17, 2019

Surprisingly good movie that didn't miss a beat.

Surprisingly good movie that didn't miss a beat.

• May 17, 2019

The movie focused too much on the investigation. However, Alycia Debnam-Carey's performance was compelling, interesting and deeply soulful. She was amazing because her acting was the only heartfelt performace, as if she was the embodiment of her character. Really convincing and perfect in her deliverance.