Reviews

• May 24, 2015

Aachi And Ssipak is a Koren animated comedy film that centers around the titular characters who are street thugs, who are addicted to extremely addictive laxative popsicles that improve stronger bowel movement. When they go on a extremely dangerous adventure to get more of these popsicles, they meet a film star who produces popsicles through excrement. Because of that, a gang follows them and tries to kill them. Yeah, that's basically what it is. With its extremely absurd plot, the film turns out to be very entertaining, with decent animation and a great soundtrack, along with very well paced and thought of action sequences. Overall, it's nothing PERFECT, but it's a very fun film to watch.

• Feb 06, 2013

This Korean scatologic/futuristic/action/comedy animation flick is insane and fun at the fist 15min but even poop jokes will grow tired at some point... the characters are very poorly developed and passing through the hour you just want to see the end credits (and every character dead). The numerous movie references like Aliens, Misery, Indiana Jones and Robocop seemed forced to me, but the intense violent action scenes are very well done and a little fun to watch (at first). Overall... a very good animation group working with one of the stupidest scripts ever. A waste of talent.

• Sep 23, 2010

nice action scene, but unfortunately, the action isn't done by main characters -_- so, instead of watching those 2 punk, i prefer to watch the cyborg who done the action -_-... everytime they appear it gets boring... -_- the world about defecation is funny, the advertising and the diaper gang hahahaha

• Aug 03, 2010

This is pretty much the sickest animation film I've seen since Fritz the Cat (sadly minus the sex) ... plus the absolutely breath taking violence of modern days action movies.

• May 21, 2010

I saw this first at the New Zealand International Film Festival in 2007 (I think). Laughed my head off. Then I saw it again some months ago and still laughed my head off. The idea that human excreta can be the source of energy is bizarre yet possible. That humans would be greedy about controlling that source is a reflection of our nature. Add some mad Korean humour, hard rock music, weird characters and a great script with brilliant animation. Makes for rollicking entertainment. Better if the others watching with you have the same sense of humour. If not, you'll be laughing in the room alone. Not that you would/should care. Full of invectives so don't have kids around. Four stars only because it is a tad long and a bit repetitive.

• Apr 11, 2010

Nice action and animation.

Nice action and animation.

• Mar 11, 2010

first half is great, teh idea is cool

first half is great, teh idea is cool

• Feb 13, 2010

in a future where energy is derived from poop, people are paid with highly addictive 'juicy bars'. the bars have created a mutant race that can't poop so they become a gang that heists 'juicy bars'. the cyborg cop that hunts them: Geko. the badassery that fills this: immeasurable.

• Jan 15, 2010