Abandoned - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abandoned Reviews

½ July 9, 2016
thought movie kept good pace regarding suspense
April 4, 2016
Abandoned é um atentado ao bom gosto, indigno de muitas palavras. Os pais do monstro são Barry Barnholtz, Michael Feifer, Jeffrey Schenck, Diane Healey e Madeira Dickinson todos sem grande relevância no cenário cinematográfico, a direção é do próprio Michael Feifer, um diretor sem experiencia em grandes produções e o motivo fica logo claro, sua inabilidade em gerenciar atores. O roteiro de Peter Sullivan é deprimente, com falas bobas e uma narrativa medonha. Brittany Murphy e Dean Cain encabeçam um casting pavoroso de atores medíocres e sem qualquer devoção.
January 11, 2015
This movie was Brittany Murphy's last. it was really weird! I was hoping with Dean Cain also in it would have made it a better movie.
December 30, 2014
Watching Brittany Murphy's last movie abandoned and she doesnt look like a crack head but her lips r huge lol
November 12, 2014
R.I.P. Brittany Murphy! Little wonder she looked rather unhealthy in this film, her last one. I still remember how dynamic and optimistic she was when playing the role of Molly in Uptown Girls (2003).
September 24, 2014
Mary (Brittany Murphy) is a high-powered career woman who brings her new boyfriend (Dean Cain) to the hospital for minor outpatient surgery. But when she returns later to pick him up, he has mysteriously vanished. The police can't help her. Her friends - who have never met him - don't believe her. Is the hospital administrator (Mimi Rogers) involved in a creepy cover-up? Could Mary's increasingly frantic state be connected to her previous psychiatric issues? Is it possible her boyfriend doesn't exist at all? Now Mary is about to discover the shocking truth...and her nightmare has only just begun.

also stars Peter Bogfanovich, Jay Pickett, Tim Thomerson, Scott Leet and America Young.

directed by Michael Feifer.
½ July 13, 2014
really strange watching a movie when you know the main actress is really dead. "Gonna keep on livin,' one day at a time" is the quote she says at the end of the movie. A bit ironic i'd say. All that being said the movie actually wasn't bad I quite enjoyed it, yes it had some bad acting moments but it was still enjoyable and completely watchable in a B movie kind of way.
½ February 24, 2014
The family has to die and with no explanation why. At least I didn't find an explanation. The movie was semi okay but not enough so to watch it again or recommend it. It is like one big discombobulated mess. Half the time you cannot tell if what she is experiencing is real or a delusions of hers. In the end there is no emotion pull to either character once they are dead... You are just glad it is over and you can move on.
January 3, 2014
I preferred that it was a mental health thing, but I always enjoy Brittany anyway
½ January 2, 2014
Love her but this was terrible acting by the entire cast.
½ December 29, 2013
To put it bluntly, it just wasn't good. An improbable story with too many strange goings on wrapped up in too neat a package combined with numerous goofs (at one point, a gun had the orange plug in it, the phone she's using changes throughout the movie, and God knows what else)... The story wasn't that great, the ending was kinda hokey... I don't even know why I kept watching but I guess once you get started, you just keep going. It's a shame that this was Brittany Murphy's last film. She did many better.
December 23, 2013
Good movie, It has a good twist!
September 14, 2013
 I watched this yesterday, great movie! U must watch! This is my type of action and suspense + drama that i love to watch!
September 9, 2013
Decent thriller with some good twists. Murphy does a nice job of pinballing between emotions and responses as she tries to determine what has occurred with no one she can really turn to. Cain does an decent job with his role, but his wholesomeness interferes with a truly convincing 'dark side'
½ July 16, 2013
Pretty entertaining, with a few twists that even though were not overly original are well placed through the movie.
June 8, 2013
Murphy plays Mary Walsh a woman who leaves her new boyfriend to have surgery done on his leg, but several hours later is unable to find him in the hospital. What's worse is no one knows where he is or has even heard of him. Trapped in a hospital by a Dr, a Security Guard and the Administrator. Walsh has to figure out what happened to her lost boyfriend.

Sadly enough Murphy's last movie before her untimely death. I wish I could say that she went out with a blockbuster but sadly enough she did not. This movie is just average. Not a bad movie, but not a excellent one either. I find with a plot like this that so many outcomes were possible, but the outcome is somewhat disappointing. This movie puts you in the mind of a made for tv movie than anything else, but it is worth a watch if you're into mystery & suspense type movies.
½ April 6, 2013
Sadly, Brittany Murphy's last movie. A semi-effective thriller that does a decent job of hooking you, but it loses credibility in the last third with an unbelievable plot twist. Murphy did not look well, and the bleach job on her eyebrows was horrid. Jay Pickett had a twitch under his right eye nearly the entire movie. Rating this higher than I should in memory of Murphy.
March 3, 2013
Beyond bad - 0 stars
½ February 17, 2013
Somehow some B-Movie producers found a way to rope in some semi-A-List actors into what sounds like a interesting movie on paper, but no concept can overcome the poor direction, writing, etc.
January 20, 2013
Pretty good Netflix find.. Good twist at end, Britney Murphy once again delivers with her "dopebag" appearance.. Trashy crazy, hot!!!! Dopebagged