Abandoned - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abandoned Reviews

January 16, 2013
Brittany Murphy's last film before her untimely passing & it's not a bad movie. Would had rated it more but the ending was dragged out a bit. It had a feeling more like a tv drama show than a Hollywood blockbuster. Acting was also a lot to be desired by some of the supporting cast which also let this movie down.
Mary Walsh drops off her boyfriend at hospital for a routine operation but he mysteriously disappears. There is no records of him ever entering the building for an operation with the staff beginning to believe he is a figment of her imagination. Is Mary imagining all of it or is there a more sinister plot concerning her mysterious partner?
January 5, 2013
Good thriller that has you guessing but it all seemed rather rushed at the end and a bit predictable.
November 21, 2012
Not the best acting, but the story was a good one. It had twists that I wasn't expecting.
September 8, 2012
Sad that the last movie of Murphy needed to be this mess. And it is not as if the story was particularly bad... the director and yes, sadly, Murphy's own performance conspired to kill this thriller before it got out of the starting blocks. The script, halfway in, seemed rushed. I heard better dialogue being spewed in low budget, bargain bin straight-to-dvd fair. Just not the sendoff Murphy deserved.
½ August 8, 2012
Just a bad movie. Hackneyed scenes and awful dialogue. Such a shame that this was Britney Murphy's last movie. I think she was better than this.
July 23, 2012
Brittany murphy was my favorite...she looked like shit here in her last movie and was so not the same person :( not a bad story line tho
½ July 20, 2012
i watched this movie. don't make my mistake.
½ July 4, 2012
Brittany Murphy appeared to be stoned out of her mind in this bush league production that played out like an after-school special...one of the worst movies of the decade, its premise was abhorrently stupid and made no sense at all.
June 14, 2012
Brittany Murphy's last movie before she sadly passed away... at the ending it was dedicated to her. The movie itself though wasn't very good. The storyline sucked, and i only think i watched it the whole way through cause i was a fan of Brittany Murphy. She was the best actress/actor in this and it's kind of a shame that her final movie wasn't a decent one....
Overall not worth watching unless you're a fan of Brittany Murphy and want to see her final movie.
May 5, 2012
it was different.. and it confused me at times lol but it was ok
April 19, 2012
Average, movie excellent performance from the late Brittany Murphy
April 3, 2012
What a rough film emotionaly and physicaly.
Drama so bold. You really feel the vunerability and sensativity in Brittany Murphys expressions. Still, her character was very strong to get through it all.

I think this is work she would be proud of.
March 10, 2012
Not bad. Not great either. Things seen already....
½ March 2, 2012
Has to be the worst movie ever made in modern times. Britney Murphy looks totally drugged throughout the entire affair. Her makeup is overdone to make her look healthy. It was her last movie before her mysterious death and she looks under the influence.
The casting is poor made up of has been actors Dean Cain being the other notable desperado.
The script is intolerable, predictive and mono syallabic.
Britneys hair looks greasy at all times (not what you would expect of a high flying banker, which her character is meant to portray) Her make up especially her lipstick changes from pink, to purple, to ruby red from scene to scene not to mention the poor continuity where her earrings change colour and even disappear then reappear in several scenes. In the final scenes she is wearing a watch which she never had throughout the entire movie.
Its low budget and I'd be surprised if it cost more than $100,000 to make.
Really dissappointing fare and really sad to see Britney in such a shocking state.
The directors and producers should never have let this movie be made let alone released.
February 25, 2012
Suspenseful and Brittany Murphy did a great job.
February 14, 2012
Predictable from start to finish. As if you couldn't tell who was in on it from the first five minutes. Honestly I was distracted by how completely hideous her hair was all the way through. Was it supposed to look like a greasy wig? And what was wrong with her lips?
January 28, 2012
Wasn't expecting the end, rip Brittany murphy
½ January 24, 2012
Very poor film about a girl who's partner goes into hospital for a operation. He then goes missing and she is trying to find him but no one has any records of him ever being there. very similar to the film Flight plan but in a hospital. Britney Murphys last film R.I.P
January 20, 2012
Honestly, I was suprised this was a direct to video film. OK, not one of the best i've ever seen, but it was a hell of a lot better than a lot of 'Hollywood' movies that have been out in the past 5 or so years.

Also, with a childhood crush on Dean 'Superman' Cain, I HAD to watch this!
January 19, 2012
Can you rate something as no stars? This film was truly atrocious. This weekend i saw my village panto, it was a british style thing, made up with villains in drag and local actors from our village. It was terrible...but it wasnt as bad as this! The story was like a high school film project and it looked like it was shot on my dads handycam from 1984. the only thing believable about it was that it was a work of fiction. So, so poor. If you pay money to watch it, ask for a refund as per the sale of goods act, this merchandise was not fit for purpose!