Abandoned - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abandoned Reviews

January 14, 2012
Could do better. . .
January 14, 2012
More pish. No wonder this went straight to DVD.
½ January 13, 2012
A poor predictable film, Brittany Murphy should have known better.
January 5, 2012
Predictable from start to finish. As if you couldn't tell who was in on it from the first five minutes. Honestly I was distracted by how completely hideous her hair was all the way through. Was it supposed to look like a greasy wig? And what was wrong with her lips?
December 31, 2011
I felt like I'd watched this before, I hadn't but it's not exactly an original plot and I have seen very similar. It's a shame that her last film was a bit forgettable, not much of an impact and overall disappointing.
3niR
½ December 27, 2011
I liked Brittany Murphy that's why I watched this even though it is an underrated movie.
blizzpirate
December 6, 2011
Brittany Murphy's last movie before she sadly passed away... at the ending it was dedicated to her. The movie itself though wasn't very good. The storyline sucked, and i only think i watched it the whole way through cause i was a fan of Brittany Murphy. She was the best actress/actor in this and it's kind of a shame that her final movie wasn't a decent one....
Overall not worth watching unless you're a fan of Brittany Murphy and want to see her final movie.
December 2, 2011
Very predictable and obvious that there was something wrong with Brittany Murphy.
November 26, 2011
Slow moving. Predictable plot.
November 18, 2011
Brittanys last movie before she died.Terrible.
½ October 24, 2011
Brittany Murphy had that something special. A certain look, an allure, a presence. As the French say, a certain something I don't know what. Y
ou see it in this movie. It's a drama/mystery/suspense flick that for some reason went direct to video.

Brittany drops off her boyfriend (Dean Cain) at the hospital for routine, out patient surgery. Except when she goes to pick him up, no one seems to know anything about him. He's not in the computer, his doctor is on vacation, and no one recognizes his nurse's name. Brittany gives a very good performance as the increasingly worried girl friend, seemingly losing the only man she has really connected with in a long time, or ever. Someone who has been there for her, and now, despite her best efforts, she can't be there for him. Peter Bogdanovich is also good as the creepy psychiatrist who suspects Brittany is suffering from a mental break down, a suspicion fueled by her current high dose anti-depressant meds and an unlikely story reeking of paranoia.

Supporting cast include Mimi Rogers as the clueless hospital administrator, Jay Pickett as the police detective with his own issues who is still good enough to follow the clues to the end, and Scott Anthony Leet as the intimidating security guard. Each give a competent performance that is credible.

The suspense is "edge of your seat" quality, and you can not be sure of the ending until it happens. Some (including me) might think it fairly obvious based on the plot clues, but that part is only the beginning of the twists.

As Brittany's final performance, this one is good enough to make you want to watch again sometime. Ultimately, it makes you wish she had longer to show us what she had.
½ October 21, 2011
This was a very poor show for what turned out to be Murphy's last movie. In fact she looks ill for most of it. Not really enough suspense to keep the narrative afloat and not enough backstory to make us care about Cain's character. Shame really.
½ October 14, 2011
- Last film of Britanny Murphy -
September 26, 2011
I enjoyed this one. Especially the first 45 minutes, then it got a little too strange. Now knowing that it was Brittany Murphany's last movie, I thought it was a pretty successful last film. There were some goods twists in here, too!
½ September 3, 2011
Pretty crappy...too bad it was Brittany Murphy's last movie...not good acting by Dean Cain and others as well as a pretty lousy script.
½ September 1, 2011
It's quite sad that this is the last time we'll see Brittany Murphy in a movie. I really do miss her. Not to mention I wish Abandoned was a much better movie. It has a good concept and Murphy does give a solid performance here. The execution is a letdown though. I also wasn't a fan of the script either which had some cheesy dialogue. The story wasn't too bad though as I liked the twist and found it interesting. Even though it was predictable at times. Maybe with a bigger budget this could have been something really good but it's a disappointment to be honest. Brittany Murphy always was a great, talented actress however.
August 30, 2011
Brittany Murphy stars as Mary, a high-powered career woman who brings her new boyfriend (Dean Cain) to the hospital for minor outpatient surgery. But when she returns later to pick him up, he has mysteriously vanished. The police can't help her. Her friends - who have never met him - don't believe her. Is the hospital administrator (Mimi Rogers) involved in a creepy cover-up? Could Mary's increasingly frantic state be connected to her previous psychiatric issues? Is it possible her boyfriend doesn't exist at all?
Now Mary is about to discover the shocking truth...and her nightmare has only just begun.

also stars Peter Bogdanovich, Jay Pickett, Tim Thomerson, Scott Leet and America Young.

directed by Michael Feifer.
½ August 27, 2011
An embarrassing way to go out for Brittany... watch carefully through out the movie, her make up is so heavy clearly covering huge bags under her eyes and the end scene is shocking - she can barely speak, drunk ... or high ? I am surprised they allowed it in the film. (really the make up is shocking it actually distracted me from watching the movie properly to begin with).
August 16, 2011
like a poorly made tv movie of the week.