Abandoned Mine Reviews

• May 16, 2016

Against all logic, I enjoyed this PG-13 Halloween centered horror movie. The director achieved a moody atmosphere down in the mines. The story is clunky and the reveal really wasn't anything that a grade schooler couldn't guess, but the actors were genuine in their portrayals and somehow it just clicked for me. Nothing new or spectacular by any means, but it was watchable which is more than I can say for the last handful of horror movies I've seen.

• Dec 30, 2015

Stupid and horrible end

Stupid and horrible end

• Oct 31, 2015

Moments of creepiness, but overall just wasn't entertaining enough for me to recommend it.

• Sep 21, 2015

Another lame cliche teenage horror.

Another lame cliche teenage horror.

• Dec 17, 2014

The movie is well written and directed.. not violent, but very well paced, acted and directed, if nothing else, great fun for the entire family...

• Sep 09, 2014

Abandoned Mine (Jeff Chamberlain, 2013) Abandoned Mine started off with a bang-there are some nifty filmmaking techniques that make it seem like you're going to get something much more than you are from this low-budget horrorfest. For some reason, however, Chamberlain abandons the pretense to the avant-garde once things get rolling, and we end up with a straightforward haunted-mine tale, mediocre but watchable. Plot: Brad (Pearl Harbor's Reiley McClendon) is a post-high-school layabout in a small rural town, bored out of his skull. His ex-girlfriend Laurie (Reservations' Saige Thompson) is back in town, so he cooks up an idea-the two of them, Brad's current girlfriend Sharon (Spy Kids' Alexa PenaVega), Laurie's schoolmate Ethan (High School Musical 2's Charan Prabhakar), and Brad's best friend Jim (Radio Flyer's Adam Hendershott), will spend the night near the mouth of the legendary Jarvis Mine, supposedly haunted by the family of the Jarvis that the mine is named for. A thunderstorm drives them inside, and weird things start happening... Unfortunately, none of those weird things are terribly unpredictable; you should be on the right track relatively soon, and from there, aside from some appealing ambiguity as to what's really going on with one of the characters, it unfolds in paint-by-numbers fashion. This has a surprisingly high-powered cast for such a shoestring affair, and despite being stereotypes, the characters are at least affable (I waffled the whole movie on whether Ethan was offensive or the best character in the entire movie). I've seen far worse movies this year, but I've seen far better as well. **

• Aug 16, 2014

Another bad movie with Alexa Vega

Another bad movie with Alexa Vega

• Jul 17, 2014

not bad for a B rate horror movie

not bad for a B rate horror movie

• May 25, 2014

Ugh. Not a bad idea, but terrible, terrible ending. This is what happens when filmmakers try too hard to be clever and fail.

• Jan 05, 2014

pointless, useless, and meaningless. don't ever watch it.

pointless, useless, and meaningless. don't ever watch it.