Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd Reviews

jjnxn
June 14, 2014
Typical fare for the duo enlivened by Laughton.
June 14, 2014
Musical comedy hijinks on the high seas aboard the dingy-est pirate ship ever.
February 17, 2013
THE ONLY "FULL"COLOR MOVIE THE TEAM MADE, YET BY THE FIFTY`S BUD`S TIMING BEGAIN SLIPPING ;IF ONLY THIS FILM WERE MADE EARLIER !
January 19, 2013
Lackluster comedy in an inferior Laurel & Hardy way. It's also a sad outing for Charles Laughton in what is a woeful role for him, but I'm sure he had fun making this slapstick.
½ November 26, 2012
charles laughton makes this entry worth a look.
½ November 30, 2011
Watchable but not anything special. The songs are rubbish, but there is some entertaining and funny moments, and Charles Laughton in not his best role does manage to make you crack a smile.
½ July 5, 2009
Whiile watching this, I couldnt really decide who I should feel badder for, Abbittt and Costello, who really should have hung up the boots a long time ago, because they were really starting to show their age (especially Costello, poor guy) or, Charles Laughton? Let me repeat that.. CHARLES LAUGHTON, star of, oh I dunno, Witness for the prosecution? Hunchback of Notre Dame? Jamaica Inn? Lors knows what he's doing here, because he's just embarassing himself. Laughton plays Captain Kidd (again, he was the title character in, yes, Captain Kidd) and A and C get caught up in a map mixup.. hijinks ensue.. And songs. Lots and lots of songs. This is only an hour and they cram 4-5 songs in it, to cover up the lack of plot I guess. Like watching a car crash and watching it's victims die in slow motion.
August 3, 2005
AVERAGE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO FILM, MADE WATCHABLE BY THE PRESENCE OF CHARLES LAUGHTON WHO DOES A GREAT JOB AGAIN AS CAPTAIN KID. OTHERWISE VERY ROUTINE.