Aberdeen Reviews

• Aug 26, 2018

Appalling student film script, plotting and characterisation that shows that good acting is entirely dependent on good writing and direction, absent from this film. Random nudity, absurd storyline jumps and non-sequiturs, and inconsistent behaviour from the characters adds up to a boring whole.

• Oct 09, 2014

Good acting, writing. Pretty depressing. Both are pretty unlikable, but are interesting enough characters to get past it.

• Aug 23, 2013

'Aberdeen' may give us a few questions and the script can be unsure of itself a few times. But the performances by Stellan Skarsgard and Lena Headey are good with this one.

• Jun 05, 2013

An enjoyable dysfunctional father-daughter story.

An enjoyable dysfunctional father-daughter story.

• Mar 04, 2013

Superb ending , Solid script & very good acting, but very unlikable characters.

Superb ending , Solid script & very good acting, but very unlikable characters.

• Oct 24, 2012

This was a good film about a grown up daughter and her alcoholic father as they try to come together, i really loved this film, the characters were great and the story was also good this is one of the best daughter/father films ive ever seen.

• Aug 23, 2012

A Frank Father- Daughter drama. well acted but i hated the storyline it was pointless, strange and just tidious to watch after a while! You know how the story goes... An addicte will never change his/her stripes, BUT people around them take the liberty of trying to "help". Theres no solution or a simple fix. I can personally relate and sympathize with Kaisa. Who I believe should have just walked away while she still had the chance.

• Jan 18, 2012

Father and daughter switch roles and then spend the rest of the movie getting back to their intended roles. One viewer called it "weird"; which is an apt description of the dysfunctional nature of this family and the trip that ultimately helps them work things out.

• Dec 04, 2011

This movie pleasantly surprised me, I expect this movie to be one way and went in a completely different direction, every time I assumed what was coming next it would change direction again ever so slightly, which is a good thing. While the film does get slow at times it's worth watch, especially for the hot Lena Headley.

• Nov 19, 2011

Silnà 1/2 a bez nutnosti hereckà 1/2ch exhibicí zpracovanà 1/2 pÅ(TM)íbÄ>h otce a dcery, kterà (C) svede dohromady váŠ3/4ná nemoc matky.Stellan a Lena jsou bez komentáÅ(TM)e Hans Petter Molland mÄ> uÅ 3/4 podruhà (C) pÅ(TM)esvÄ>dčil o svà (C) vysokà (C) kvalitÄ>.