About Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

About Time Reviews

November 28, 2016
If you're looking for a sweet and lovely coming of age film with some of the most charming actors, this is the film for you. If you are looking to take yourself very seriously, this is not the film for you. The film is a nice break from the hectic details of life, and always can put a smile on my face. Giving it 5 stars because it is my favorite film because of how simple and sweet it is without a gimmick. Oh, and theres time travel that isn't incredibly complicated and sci-fi.
November 15, 2016
Absolutely beautiful movie which really made me think why am I complicating life instead of enjoying the moment? This is the sort of movie I should rewatch every now and then to remind me of how precious time is.
½ November 11, 2016
This film is almost the TV series in Canada about a girl opening doors to change her past. Here we have a guy where all the family men get to travel in the past whenever they want after they reach 21 years old (I think). The nerd gets to cheat all he wants in life but he still get to learn valuable lessons, and us too. It is a nice comedy, well done, and the authors thought well of almost all of the situations we would think of. Very well thought and thoughtful. Of course this is still cheating to get the girl(s) or learning why not to get some. Nice music. Must work well for date film.
½ November 11, 2016
October 31, 2016
Soft - if I could describe this film in a single word. I understand this is a romance-chick-flick but hell even the added element of time travel gave this weak movie no backbone. Awkward & sentimental is about as far as this movie went for me, with no real conflict or compelling drama throughout & definitely no decent climax. Pretty forgettable.
October 29, 2016
Touching, beautiful movie.
½ October 16, 2016
Just watch it. Please. It's great.
½ October 14, 2016
What a breath of fresh air in the rom-com genre. It has loving characters, a sweet story, an amazing soundtrack and some really tear-jerking moments that will make you fall in love with the film. It's a film with the whole package and definitely one that shouldn't be overlooked when it comes to drama, comedy and romance. A huge thumbs up from me, I'm simply in love with this film.
½ October 8, 2016
Dom is a gingerbeast, keep casting him!
September 29, 2016
Tim Lake (Domhnall Gleeson) has just been informed by his own dad that he has the ability to go back in time, and it can only happen to the men in the family. It is during then he uses it to strengthen out his love life.
September 20, 2016
Jeg liker tanken om å reise i tiden, og gjenkjenner meg i hovedkarakteren. Budskapet om å nyte hver dag er også bra.
September 12, 2016
This is my favorite love story because it is about making mistakes, and finding the perfection in the imperfections of life and love.
½ September 9, 2016
After turning 21, Tim is told by his father (Bill Nighy) that the men in their family can travel in time, and Tim uses this new power to find love. There is lots of humor in Tim's trial-and-error outings with time travel, filled with cheerful banter; but ultimately Tim learns that finding joy and satisfaction in the here-and-now of everyday occurrences of life are the keys to happiness. The father-son love story is as powerful as the love story between Tim and Mary (Rachel McAdams).
½ September 7, 2016
A film that was destined to be predictable and boring surprised me with a plot about love that isn't always about finding your soul mate. Very well acted, especially in the case of Rachel McAdams. Really solid film.
½ September 1, 2016
No score cuz it suks
½ August 30, 2016
An unusual twist to the time travel concept, worth checking out!
½ August 26, 2016
About Time is most certainly one of the best made romantic comedies of the last decade: it's original, it's genuine, beautifully shot and the perfect soundtrack is just the cherry on top of the cake.
What an amazing job done by director Richard Curtis, who also wrote the screenplay.
For sure it has its flaws, like any other movie with time travel in them, but the honesty and the positive emotions that this movie can give largely make up for any of those flaws.
Terrific performance from Rachel McAdams and heartwelming chemistry between her and Domhnall Gleeson.
One of the very few movies that I enjoy watching again.
½ August 26, 2016
One of the very few movies that I enjoy watching again.
August 21, 2016
What a great movie...love his father..the premise is just wonderful...and you get pulled in immediately..
½ August 16, 2016
one of my favorite time travel movies