About Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

O.V.R 9/10...Touching, quirky and nerdy
February 29, 2016
A real good feel good!
February 29, 2016
lovely British flower about time travel perform naturally without any artificial equipment hahaha
½ February 15, 2016
Better than average time travelling story
½ February 14, 2016
Excellent...but I'm a sucker for time travel.
February 14, 2016
A brilliant movie that gives Domhnall Glesson the role he deserves. Makes time travel seem like a secondary plot device
February 14, 2016
Bought this movie over a year ago, as i didn't get the time to watch it in the cinema, and only watched it last night when I'm on babysitting valentines day night shift (lol). It was much better than i expect and touched every inch of me thoroughly. Somehow i think i might not be that much hearted if i watch it 1-2 year ago before i got my own son. Truly love this movie, warmth and educating. Besides, good to show some cornwall to the world.
½ February 14, 2016
A really good rom com is a very rare thing. Really enjoyed this. Well written and delivered! The wedding and clothes opinion scenes were my gems. Well recommended.
February 9, 2016
It wasn't what I expected, but a real gud family film, luvly story!
½ February 4, 2016
A quirky and likable film that adds elements of romantic comedy with time travel and a lot of innocence. A lot of the characterization and conversation is very fun and there are a number of interesting theories played with in the film about the importance of loss and the ideas of appreciating the details of life. All in all it's nice and uplifting, but may be just a little bit too easy going and peril free for some as the lead character never comes up against any real struggles that can't be quickly resolved via time travel. Furthermore the eventual message is so cliche and twee it almost hurts. If you're just looking for a nice little time filler with a pleasing message that will improve your mood, this is a pretty good bet.
January 31, 2016
A great film written by Richard Curtis. It makes you laugh, think and in general have a fantastic time watching it. A must see!
½ January 29, 2016
The odd contrivance aside, a solid, and sentimental piece of work.
January 26, 2016
Clever and funny with some heartwarming, touching moments Richard Curtis style but also doesn't add up to much and is fairly flat...Richard Curtis style.
January 26, 2016
Completely surprising and not at all just a boring love story.
January 25, 2016
When I watched About Time, I thought I was going to see another charming and predictable romcom. This is not a romcom. It is a clever, original, and beautiful movie about what it means to be alive and then go through death. It has become one of my coveted favorites.
January 24, 2016
Filme mais cuticuticuti impossibru
½ January 24, 2016
Beautifully shot fantasy film with a lovely performance from Bill Nighy.
January 23, 2016
Appealing, funny, entertaining film. Young guys who have problems meeting women can relate to it. Also, the injection of time-travel as an enabler of fixing past mistakes is something lots of people would love to do - so again, something very relatable - and it is an interesting utilization of a primarily sci-fi idea into a drama/love story.
A couple of points of criticism:
(1) More conservative depicted sexual mores would sell it better among conservatives, domestic and foreign - and not take anything away from its charm. Hopping into bed after the first date is a bit much.
(2) It was said in the movie that you can only go backward in time - not forward. However, the time-travelling actions of Tim, the lead character, goes back in time, then forward to his travel-back point. thus, the principle of not going forward is not followed.

Actually, even going back does not work. the only thing that Tim could have done is appear as his own twin brother to coach his former self to make corrections to errors that he knows he is going to make.

So basically, logic - and, I might add, the current string theory science - tells us that going back in time to ones own original consciousness is impossible. No matter. It makes for an interesting film.
January 23, 2016
Curtis's wonderful characters and intriguing premise makes for a sweet, funny and overly sentimental ride.
½ January 22, 2016
Wow, ok this one of the biggest surprise movies I have ever seen. It is the most beautiful movie I can think of and when I say that it takes you on such a journey its simply incredible. I cant express how much I love it. So many good life lessons the whole family should watch it. I wont lie it absolutely brought me to tears at the end. Yet still an incredible feeling in my heart.