Above Suspicion Reviews

• Jul 14, 2021

I have always heard plenty of good things about Emilia Clarke from big fans of her show Game Of Thrones, but I prefer movies to TV and though I have seen her in a movie, the difference in mediums is apparent and I have not been impressed by her work in movies. But I still hope so I checked this out and I have to admit I can see why she is so popular. I love a movie that is based on a true story, and nothing is truer than crime. The core of this movie is based on a book on the case of the first murder committed by an FBI Agent. With Emilia Clarke playing the role of the FBI informant Susan Smith. It is the late 1980s in the Kentucky town of Pikeville, a small and impoverished mining community where people live off unemployment checks, modest services, and of course crime. Susan is a drug addict who spends her days getting high while providing for her children and her drug dealer ex-husband. This coincides with a new arrival, FBI Agent Mark Putnam, his wife, and child attempt to make their lives. Putnam is young, smart, and handsome, willing to do anything to advance himself as he finds Susan as they agree to help each other. But it is not just helping each other stop crime but enjoying each other sexually. Susan is worn and weak, but she is attractive and feisty, clearly, Mark wants her even as it is a violation of his duty as an agent as well as morally wrong cheating on his wife. Over time Mark's career is all that matters to him as whatever help he gains from Susan runs out as she attempts to sabotage his career while attempting to regain his attention and, in the end, leading to a tragic conclusion. I admit I was impressed by what I saw. Emilia Clarke is a great actress. Being English but succeeding in speaking with an impressive Southern accent and being this intoxicatingly attractive and spirited woman. You feel for her character even as she does bad things because she was taken advantage of by a selfish man. Jack Huston was good in his role himself as the selfish and immoral man who betrayed a woman who did so much for him. It surprises me that this was based on something real, it is that good of a story.

• Jun 08, 2021

Boring, boring, boring boring in a kind of unwatchable way. Not sure how someone got this in a production budget. Honestly, not sure how you take an interesting mostly true story and turn it into something completely uninteresting and darn near unwatchable.

• Jun 06, 2021

This movie is very slow. Very brutal.

This movie is very slow. Very brutal.

• Jun 03, 2021

Emilia Clarke salva quel che si può con una performance rozza e sexy. Per il resto, poco da segnalare, film che si guarda senza sforzo ma a cui manca qualche guizzo.

• May 18, 2021

A by the numbers drama that was real predictable and seemed slow for all the ac tion. Clarke is good, cast is good really, but the direction and pace just didn't have any punch to it.

• May 16, 2021

Dark, brooding and stunning. Emilia Clarke is astounding as a tragic, sassy. disposable Kentucky coal miner's daughter trapped in her physical and emotional environment.

• May 13, 2021

I wanted to watch this movie until I realized they allowed Putnam on the set as advisor. It's bad enough he was barely held accountable for his actions... but it's just gross to allow him to have input or influence the narrative.

• May 08, 2021

Fascinating true story, incredible acting. Emilia Clarke delivers a stellar performance!