Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Reviews

April 3, 2016
Terrible adaptation. Wish I could unwatch this.
March 26, 2016
Practical Effects: A
Digital Effects: A
Sound: A
Score: C
Overall: C+
March 20, 2016
... I have no comment. Ok, well I do. The movie can't decide whether it wants to be taken seriously by the audience, or a be a big-budget action movie. My biggest problem: as it tried to make its self believable, it failed; all the explosions and ridiculously impossible scenes make it silly and stupid whereas it might have been a lot better if it wasn't an action movie.
March 12, 2016
Great movie! So much better than expected!
jamrcla
½ February 23, 2016
Not something that many people would of thought would be a film, The most famous American President killing vampires, Recipe for disaster you would think but no it's pretty good, Full of great action that kind of felt like 300 at times, The effects were ok, The plot was ok but nothing really new, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, Maybe some humour would of helped the dark and serious tone at times as it takes itself too seriously and the acting wasn't great, but based on the action it's pretty good.
½ February 21, 2016
Very disappointed with this movie
½ February 15, 2016
A ridiculous story that takes itself too seriously. It does deliver some cool action scenes - I especially enjoyed the one with a stampede of horses.
½ February 10, 2016
This is the kind of movie where you really do get exactly what you would expect from a premise this ludicrous. That being said, I'd be lying if I said it isn't a fun ride. Uneven and even too strange for itself, but directed with a great deal of certainty.

People have criticized the movie's lack of character definition and total disregard for coherent storytelling, but, I mean, seriously? The movie is called "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." Allow me to say that one more time: the movie - the movie is called "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter." This is a movie that actually manages to take itself more seriously than I'd expected.

It's just serious enough to keep me involved, and more than absurd enough to make me want more. Timur Bekmambetov did a great job, and gave the material a better film than maybe it even deserved (not to insult the source material). I don't care what the critics say, this is a downright fun movie that doesn't pretend to be anything that it isn't, and I respect that.
February 8, 2016
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter has pretty good visuals, but it is melodramatic, stupid, has bad action, and is a terrible movie. Abraham Lincoln is a great man and should not be made fun of in a stupid movie like this.
February 5, 2016
There is no words to describe that movie. It's very silly movie, and the worst part is, that they are trying to be serious about it.
½ February 4, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. I feel the only reason people did not like it was because people couldn't get over the character of Abraham Lincoln. Obviously 97% of this movie is not true. I did enjoy that they did keep some aspects of his life, and just added the vampire twist.
February 3, 2016
A film not quite sure whether to be serious or over-indulgent, that suffers from this indecisiveness. It could have potentially succeeded well as either, more easily the latter, but in the end, an overall lacking of self-awareness is the downfall of this film.
January 18, 2016
WOW!! No wonder it took so long for me to see this one. Trash!!
January 16, 2016
Good cinematography is the highlight of this very predictable movie, with its strange somewhat attention grabber title.
It's Lincoln killing vampires.
There really isn't much more to it.
The movie is unique in the way it takes one of the most famous commander in Chiefs of all time, throws in historic accuracy, and adds the fact he kills vampires for a living. Despite the absolute absurdity of it all, it's still somewhat entertaining it combines a historical icon with creatures of the night.

Very average film
½ January 15, 2016
Not a bad storyline, if a bit .. dull.
January 8, 2016
dumb movie really dumb
½ January 1, 2016
Don't judge till you watch the trailer!
December 20, 2015
It's not a mind blowing movie or story but I kept me watching the TV the whole movie.
December 13, 2015
not as good as the book but it's a descent movie
November 23, 2015
Es disfrutable en niveles excesivos, tiene un cast algo erroneo, pero el estilo de Timur esta alli, con accion increible, es una pelicula bizarra y blockbuster, no sigue lineamientos genericos, pelicula para los extravagantes, diferente y entretenida. Cumplio su cometido y algo más.