Abraham Lincoln Vs. Zombies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Abraham Lincoln Vs. Zombies Reviews

October 1, 2016
Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies>>>>>>>>>>>Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

At least this one didn't take itself too seriously.
½ December 19, 2015
140715: Didn't want to go one star, didn't want to go two. Located this movie after seeing it in Walmart. Thought the civil war was western enough to satisfy my tastes (as it has in the past). Coupled with zombies, who could go wrong? This movie kept me interested though quite bad. Period incorrect pistol (1873 Peacemaker) was not the worst of it. Some bad, bad acting; a kooky storyline; and a new twist on zombie behaviour. You could see in the opening battle scenes that some money was invested in this movie, just not enough money. Deleted off my drive b/c I will never watch it again.
December 4, 2015
Let's point a few things out. Syfy's favorite partner ever, The Asylum produced this one and they are obsessed with filters. It's really the same one used throughout the entire film. Let's also point out that we have a spoof on our hands, which is the majority of their films. But this is of course, a spoof that's in a different vein of your typical spoofs. This isn't a comedy film that makes fun and recalls events in the film it's spoofing. Instead, it takes the whole rediculous angle behind Abraham Lincoln killing anybody but confederate soldiers and makes it its own film.

Whereas, in the first film, it was against vampires. This one is against zombies. And well. It sucks. The acting is pretty good, along with the production quality and score. But the plot is dumb, the pacing is horrible, and the film is in general....BORING.
½ May 2, 2015
Creating a film solely to sail on the back of the success of a main stream film is usually best served when that film is actually successful. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, was not. And Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies, is bad.
March 28, 2015
Not a complete waste of time as it did have it's entertaining moments with above average performances by actors given a pretty silly script. Though some makeup was very simple and obviously unprofessionally done, the film color really worked and the special effects weren't terrible for such a cheaply made good time.
January 1, 2015
So you're not gonna be treated to a whole lot of acting talent or visual splendor, Hell you'll also be tortured by some of the writing, but you will be happy by the fulfillment of any promises this premise would give you and a couple other things that are typical of the fun Asylum pictures.
½ August 2, 2014
Someone was actually able to raise funds to make this silly thing. Very wooden dialogue only rivaled by the acting. Trash.
½ August 1, 2014
This may be one of the worst films ever. I couldn't believe the actors were so awful. I could only watch 10 mins of it and that was painful. Crap.
½ July 6, 2014
With few jokes good enough to make this abysmal parody worthwhile, I can't really recommend Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies. If you're looking for some silly Asylum fun, stick to Sharknado or any of the MegaShark films. Those films stay away from being boring by taking themselves a little less seriously.
April 10, 2014
Abe + Zombies = Perfect
½ March 2, 2014
This movie just absolutely sucked. The ending was anti-climatic and the acting was just plain boring. Never again will I watch something so outrageously terrible.
January 11, 2014
awesome movie good to watch
½ January 10, 2014
Horrible. 0.9/10. F. A disgrace to movies
December 8, 2013
Now this was some seriously crazy shit right here. As zombie movie go it wasn't half bad, and sure I get why they did it, and I did get some chuckles, so there's that
November 8, 2013
Lincoln was certainly NOT the "Great Communicator" because if he had communicated more there would have been less zombies and less dead Union men. I suppose he was the "Great Emancipator" because he was liberating zombies right and left from being undead. Although I would have rather been spared, "Emancipate THIS." the other quotes were relatively appropriate....he even quotes Shakespeare at some point, which I am sure is something he would have done. Quite enjoyable over all.
½ November 1, 2013
Not as good as ALVH, but still another good alternate explanation for how Lincoln battled during the Civil War
½ September 6, 2013
When Abrham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was released you had to know that The Asylum would take their stab at a similar tale. Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies is tres low budget taking advantage of the many historical buildings and locations available in the US and using them, along with some decent costumes, to create a world in which Abraham Lincoln is a president not only dealing with a civil war, but a zombie outbreak! Sounds silly doesn't it? Well, thanks to some reservation on the schlock, using characters from John Wilkes Booth to Theodore Rosevelt, and some clever tongue in cheek dialogue (famous quotes and speeches being the inspiration), Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies is not only a lot of fun, but it's a truly clever piece of low budget filmmaking. The film manages to stay away from being an all out laugh fest while still being very humourous, and while the gore is quite fake, there is a lot of it. One of the more entertaining films to come out of The Asylum. If you like your zombie movies mixed with a dose of history and politics, I think this may be the only film available to you. Luckily, it should fill that sub genre (is political historical zombie film a sub genre yet?) quite nicely.
½ August 29, 2013
It's actually so horrendous that it ends up being "roll on the floor laughing" funny, and I think that's what the creator wanted people to do, so then, in doing so, he created a comedic masterpiece that's incredibly cheesy, but incredibly hilarious, and even clever.
June 27, 2013
oh well.. if you got time to waste and you really really can't find anything else to do.
June 27, 2013