Absinthe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Absinthe Reviews

½ May 9, 2013
A nice history of absinthe, but I could do without the trippy camera effects that perpetuate the false hallucinatory reputation of the libation.
½ February 21, 2013
This was pretty interesting given all the mystery, folklore, and misinformation surrounding Absinthe. Also cause I tried it once in 2008 in New Orleans, and it was the most disgusting AND the most expensive drink I've ever had. It was so gross that I couldn't drink it, but it was so expensive that I couldn't bear throwing it away, so I got a "to-go" cup and gave it to someone on Bourbon St. Anyway, pretty interesting documentary!
December 15, 2012
COME ON FLIXSTER, I HAVE BEEN USING ABSINTHE FOR 10 YEARS. IT'S A GREAT DRINK. I AM INTERESTED IN ANY HISTORY ON IT.
July 11, 2012
Interesting topic but hard to read subtitles
July 9, 2012
Very interesting to learn the history of the drink and the misunderstandings around it.
½ July 7, 2012
Cool documentary that removed much of the mystery from absinthe...but not the allure...
July 3, 2012
Not very well made but fascinating.
December 3, 2011
A great short documentary. There are a lot of interviews in French that are subtitled in English, if that sort of thing bothers you. It gives a nice history through all of the myths and folklore right up to the recent legalization in Switzerland, the drink's origin, and the USA.

Watch it for free onlline.