Absolute Giganten Reviews

• Sep 13, 2020

Sebastian Schipper's debut film - the man that did one af my absolute favorite films "Victoria" in 2015. The vibes are at times similiar as this takes place over a few hours, but not shot in real time, though. Three friends has one last night out before one of them leaves forever. They drive around in a fancy car and get into some trouble with a few gangs among other things. I liked it a lot - it's short and sweet, some cool music and some really great characters. Funny at times, but alos very real and quite sad at times. 7 out of 10 fussball tables.

• Apr 24, 2016

all time favorite german movie...btw. R.I.P. Frank Giering. ....friendship , growing up and Hamburg...those are the topics. Enjoy!

• Apr 24, 2016

Masterpiece , yet to be uncovered . . .

Masterpiece , yet to be uncovered . . .

Dreimal alles! Fuer einen Hamburger Jung ein Klassiker

Dreimal alles! Fuer einen Hamburger Jung ein Klassiker

• Apr 24, 2016

A la veille du depart de la ville "pour toujours" de l'un d'eux, la miteuse mais rocambolesque viree nocturne de trois jeunes prolos hambourgeois. Un film sur l'amitie a la realisation assez atmospherique. Entre le genial et l'irritant.

• Apr 24, 2016

Nice German movie set in Hamburg!

Nice German movie set in Hamburg!

• Apr 24, 2016

I can't believe after so many years I found this film! Stunning! Still remember: when they wake up at the end of the film, a hollow sounding organ blasts. There's the re-occuring German theme: self struggling against an known emptiness they don't necessarily have to face.

• Apr 24, 2016

I always feel a emotion like this movie, when I get back to my hometown and meet my friends.

• Apr 24, 2016

I saw this movie at a film festival in DC. I have a copy of the German DVD and have been dying to get my hands on a subtitled version (which they sadly don't make).

• Apr 24, 2016

I especially liked the music.

I especially liked the music.