Accused at Seventeen (Accused at 17) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Accused at Seventeen (Accused at 17) Reviews

½ January 6, 2016
"Accused at 17" is everything that you expect from a Lifetime Original Movie. Melodramatic story, mediocre acting, and an addictive quality that won't let you turn it off once you've gotten a half hour into the story. The story begins with a teen whose boyfriend cheats on her. It progresses to the teen's friends accidentally murdering the girl while trying to teach her a lesson. The rest of the film focuses on a series of lies told in order to keep their secret. There are a lot of bothersome production moments, like the fact that we never see the murdered girl's parents (even when they are at her house) and the cheating boyfriend awkwardly trying to apologize. Also, the overly boisterous cops and the completely absurd ending. But sometimes you just have to shrug and say "It's a Lifetime Original Move." The kids acted better than the adults (probably because we have a higher expectation for adults. Barbara Niven, William Moses, and Lindsay Taylor seemed like they walked directly off of a soap opera set, but I actually really enjoyed Nicole Gale Anderson's performance. Not in an Oscar way, but in a "you fit your typical teen character well" way. I turned on "Accused at 17" knowing exactly what I was getting into and, as long as you have that expectation, you'll enjoy this over dramatic story and be curious to see how it ends.
½ July 3, 2014
such horrible acting! Especially when the character would think about the conversation that just took place, it was so cheesy. I had hoped it would be better but it really wasn't good.
January 26, 2014
what website can I watch this movie free without having to register
October 27, 2012
This movie has some of the worst acting I've ever seen and a STUPID plot about STUPID high school girls doing STUPID things for STUPID reasons. Don't even think about wasting your time watching it...unless you want to laugh at Hollywood's sad attempt to create "compelling drama". Think Mean Girls only for every bit that movie is awesome, this one is horrible. And quite twisted.
½ June 21, 2012
Super good it shows you that u hve to be careful of who u trust ;)
March 24, 2012
This was one of the better movies I've gotten from RedBox lately. It's mediocre at best still.
I enjoyed Bianca's character and the actress isn't just beautiful, she's talented as well. I didn't care for the actress who played Sarah at first but she grew on me and I can't say she's not a good actress. Fallyn - I liked her character, but I didn't like the acting. The actress is about as beautiful as they come but I just felt her acting should have flowed more naturally.
The supporting cast were all more than decent IMO, although the two detectives were a little lacking I thought.
You know by the title what the movie is about and that's exactly what you get. I happen to like this sort of movie on occasion so I enjoyed it. I wouldn't watch it again and I certainly wouldn't own the DVD but if you like this sort of movie it's worth watching.
I have to wonder if it'd be a good movie for a certain type of teen? Would I have thought about how easy it is to get caught up in something like this back then? Probably not. But I don't know. There are some lessons to be gleaned throughout so mature teens could probably really take something away from it. Besides the fact that most of the characters are wealthy it stays pretty realistic I thought.
February 22, 2012
i really liked it !!!!!!!!!!
January 31, 2012
Typical girl drama b movie.
January 6, 2012
Oh my gosh... this movie is bad! I mean it is really REALLY bad. It's freaking ridiculous... and hilarious. With a little (or maybe a lot of) work it might've made a very good black comedy, kind of like "Heathers" but it's obvious that that's not what writers were going for here. So yeah, it's just a trainwreck... a really messy, sometimes funny, pathetic attempt at a drama :( boo.....
November 12, 2011
Good story, but very bad acting!
November 10, 2011
This movie made me want to jump into the screen, and slap EVERYONE, especially the mother of the accused. Everyone would be telling her off, and accusing her daughter, and she would just sit there, with a stupid look on her face. Not once did these dimwits TELL THE POLICE about the other two girls. The mother of the accused had the ugliest mouth I have ever seen on a woman. Her blank stare was annoying. The mean girl's mom needed to be beat, while holding her martini glass. Would parents really cover up for their murdering kids like in this movie? My mother would of pulled my hair out by the roots, and kicked me in the vagina if I would of acted like these little cunts did. Horrible acting. The murderer in the movie looked about 25 years old, not 17. The accused was a smart-ass little bitch. Actually the victim in the movie deserved to have her skinny ass beat to a pulp, but not killed. She was a ho! Just saying......
October 10, 2011
omg, this was horrible, I loved it. the villain is so over-the-top villainous that she should be made of ham, the parents are so ridiculous, the cops are so sitcom-y, it is just the worst. I'd totally watch it again.
April 27, 2011
Lifetime Movie, of course it was decent, I about wanted to snap on her friend watching what she had done and put these other girls through!
April 26, 2011
Same old LifeTime movie. Nothing spectacular going on. It was alright, considering but Anderson really needs to take some acting classes. The "villian", Fallyn was so convincing, it was ridiculous. Not bad
March 11, 2011
sad movie, I enjoy it! Can't believe that girl killed to innocent people!
January 24, 2011
It was ok, dumb girls getting in deep trouble, and to make matters worse one of them is a total physco
December 31, 2010
December 28, 2010
this was the best movie i have watched in a long time. the girl is totally nuts. i defentitly recommend it
November 26, 2010
Not bad story with very bad execution.