Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls Reviews

½ May 5, 2017
i actually may like this more than the first.
½ April 13, 2017
A little more stupid than the first movie, but still wacky and entertaining.
I love the Slinky scene. Everyone loves a Slinky! (First viewing - Teen years)
½ April 6, 2017
i could quote this movie line for line
March 20, 2017
I don't know why but the sequel seems alot funnier than the original.
½ January 11, 2017
Love it... Alrighty then!
January 4, 2017
No matter how many times I watch this, my laughs are histerical. First time in 1995, most recent in 2017. Best Jim Carrey movie ever.
January 2, 2017
Trying to cash in on the bizarre success of the first Ace Ventura film, Jim Carrey takes another stab at his over the top physical comedy in "When Nature Calls" and misses the mark...again. Sure it has its hilarious scenes, but the trademark character is the exact same with the exact behavior and exact dirty jokes.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 7, 2016
Alright, I don't find it better than the first one but I do find humour here. "You must be the monopoly guy... thanks for the free parking"
November 20, 2016
Never seen this film until now. Not as good as the original and it grows tiresome pretty quickly. I can see why they never made more.
November 18, 2016
They should've stopped.
October 25, 2016
I know every word to this movie I love this movie so much I could watch it every day and not get to me this is Jim Carreys top movie.
½ September 27, 2016
This was a pretty good sequel to the first Ace Ventura. The "monopoly guy" scene is awesome, the dart scenes are pretty cool, the scene where he plays "simon says" with the tribe members, I can go on and on...Again, this was Jim Carrey in his prime doing what he knew best! Very good 90s comedy, and I will definitely be rewatching this sometime. 7/10 OR 3.5/5
September 20, 2016
I just discovered that many people and Critics disliked this movie, in reality it is a 4 start movie it is very silly at times, but this is a movie me and my dad have quoted for over 20 years it is hilarious. It is so strange how for the longest time we talked about how much better When Nature Calls was than the first one only for me to find out now that Critics did not feel that way at all.

There are way to many quotable hilarious scenes in the movie to not give it a chance, I feel it remains funny throughout the run time, still love it and quote it to this day.
½ September 13, 2016
The good old days when Jim Carrey was at the top of his fame!
½ September 11, 2016
I was so embarrassed for Jim Carrey watching this. I can't believe that he can thank this character for springboarding his career. It is really so cringeworthy and such a bad film, not to mention the quite racist elements to this. How he managed to survive after making this piece of cack is a real miracle.
½ August 30, 2016
Funnier and more entertaining than the original, in my opinion, without having to be nearly as crude. Jim Carrey also proves to be less spazzy in this sequel, while remaining equally as wacky.
August 11, 2016
This one is often missed in movie discussions about sequels that are much better than Part 1. See Jim Carrey when his was at the top of his game in the 1990s.
July 6, 2016
I found "When Nature Calls" to be overall funnier than the first film but less compelling from a story standpoint. The laugh-out-loud moments were many albeit definitely far from tasteful - but I don't think anyone was expecting something different anyway. In any case, the biggest advantage remains Jim Carrey's exuberant performance - it's a one-man show but that man knows how to make it a hell of a show.
½ May 24, 2016
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995) ? 1/2 D: Steve Oedekerk. Jim Carrey, Ian McNeice, Simon Callow, Maynard Eziashi, Bob Gunton. Dreadful comedy (a sequel to the equally unfunny ACE VENTURE: PET DETECTIVE) has Carrey trek to Africa in search of rare species while also continue to mug rather than act. Rates higher than ?? simply because of an opening spoof of CLIFFHANGER which is admittedly clever. Otherwise, straight up dreck.