Acorazado Reviews

• Dec 26, 2013

execellent and extraordinary

execellent and extraordinary

• Nov 10, 2013

Silverio is not the sharpest tool in the shed, expecting to somehow get to Florida on a makeshift raft, with an old compass, in the middle of the Carribean sea, conning himself into the US as a fake Cuban. Acorazado gives us a fantastic glimpse into the psyche of Mexico/Cuban politics, and we are treated to some truly fascinating and mesmerizing characters, in Veracruz, and on the island of Cuba. A real slice of life is captured, in ways many of us have never seen. I was moved that what we learn, is casting away the illusion of politics, what truly makes us all happy, are the people of our lives, our family, and the places that we call home. It is a comedy, and a tragedy, in that we laugh at the stupidity of our hero trying to run away, when in fact, at the end of the day, you never can truly, run away from yourself. What a great, small film from Alvaro Curiel.