Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights Reviews

½ April 21, 2017
Worst animated film I've ever seen!!!
April 5, 2017
This movie is, obviously, bad. Which is a darn shame too, because there aren't too many Honnakah films out there and this is really good animation that was all wasted on some typical Adam Sandler garbage.
March 20, 2017
Terrible animation & illustrative style, terrible script & gags, terrible story & worst of all - it's an Adam Sandler movie
½ March 14, 2017
This is and Jack and Jill are one of the worst comedies I've ever seen.
January 12, 2017
This is definitely one of Adam Sandler's weakest films. The main character, Davey, is an asshole. They give him this backstory involving his parents dying in a car accident, but he's still too unlikable to sympathize with. The other characters are either annoying or bland. The only character I slightly cared about was Whitey because, even though his voice is annoying, I did like his kindness and how helpful he was to Davey despite being treated like shit. The story is very thin and poorly executed and the comedy, except for maybe a couple of slightly funny lines, appeals to the lowest common denominator, with gross out humor and product placement. The animation is very good, but ironically it makes the film worse because it doesn't match the tone. In fact, there's no reason for the movie to be animated anyway. They pretty much could've done it in live- action. I guess the only positive thing about the movie is that I think the songs are okay. I kind of like them. But besides that, Eight Crazy Nights is a waste of time. It's gross, mean-spirited, and unfunny. I don't hate it, surprisingly, but it's definitely bad.
½ December 30, 2016
I do like The animation of this film... but that's about it. The rest of the film is just a bad insult to Hanukkah, any holiday specials, and of course, any animated films.
½ December 24, 2016
Eight Crazy Nights is a bit too vulgar for its own good and old man Whitey is a bit grating to watch even for the most diehard Adam Sandler fan. Fortunately, the movie still finds a bit of a heart thanks to its enjoyable animation and musical numbers.
December 6, 2016
This is the type of movie that could be used to convert Jews to another religion.
November 16, 2016
This movie sucks because Nostalgia Critic said it sucks!
½ October 25, 2016
While the animation is surprisingly good, the humorless toilet jokes, awful music, and lack of anything remotely substantial are impossible to forgive, even during the Holidays.
½ October 10, 2016
Unpleasant, mean-spirited and unfunny, Eight Crazy Nights is an embarrassingly low point in Adam Sandler's career.
October 7, 2016
I wouldn't recommend watching 8 awful minutes of this slop. Yuck. Boo Adam Sandler. Just boo.
October 6, 2016
This movie was ok, the animation is great,& the songs are funny. Sandler's first animated movie was definitely a good first.
½ October 4, 2016
Who let him make this?
½ August 31, 2016
Mr. Sandler, you ripped off Disney Renaissance?
August 26, 2016
Not bad, just awkward
½ July 22, 2016
As one of the worst animated movies I've ever seen (and one of the worst movies in general), Eight Crazy Nights has everything I hate about Adam Sandlers films. The only good thing about this is the animation, but I'm not talking about the disturbing images in the animation. I want to apologize to everyone who celebrates Hanukah because this is their only known movie they have. This is one holiday film everyone should avoid and I DO mean everyone!
June 21, 2016
Eight Crazy Nights is a good Adam Sandler movie. I am happy Adam Sandler did a animated movie based on him. This movie is excellent and hilarious. I would suggest this movie.
May 25, 2016
Eight Crazy Nights insults its audience by throwing good animation into the garbage, with gross-out humor, unlikeable characters, and more product placement than actual plot.
May 24, 2016
Eight Crazy Nights is the first animation film from Happy Madison Productions, and it stars Adam Sandler in a holiday comedy about an alcoholic jerk who got himself in trouble, and when he was about to be sent to prison for a lot of crimes, his childhood coach takes him and tries to make the main guy a better person. I was very worried about watching it since I've seen the Nostalgia Critic review it, and he tear it a new one. Since I feel like watching lots of Adam Sandler films that are on Netflix, I guess I'll start with this one, and man, was this a terrible start. The only positives things that I can think of, are the animation, which is the most tragic aspect of this film as it is very nice to look at despite some of the poo parts, and that it's kind of impressive to hear Adam Sandler's impersonation of Whitey's sister as I wouldn't even think it was even him. Now that's done, let's get to the negative stuff. The movie is so mean-spirited that I was getting depressed watching it. The movie is not funny at all, and Adam Sandler's main character is a complete jerk with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Some of the songs actually could've worked for me if it wasn't for Whitey's annoying voice that kept singing it. The product placement is shocking to me as they are all over the place and they are all a character too. The gross jokes are not funny, more or less nasty to look at, and Rob Schneider as a Chinese restaurant waiter was seriously not needed and is not funny either, which felt a little offensive here. I have never felt so miserable and irritated for a film in a long time, and while Eight Crazy Nights is a little better than Adam Sandler's worst films like Jack and Jill or That's my Boy, I still hated this film and I'm glad that he's in better animation films which are Hotel Transylvania part 1 and 2.