Adios Amigo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adios Amigo Reviews

½ April 20, 2013
I only heard of this movie a couple days ago & after watching it I can see why.The movie was just TERRIBLE! I like almost all of Richard Pryor's movies except for a few so I at least expected to like him in this but he was just not funny & so was the movie.I had a real hard time sitting through it all but somehow I did.The best thing I can say about Adios Amigo is that I got to watch it for free.I said it before & I'll say it again, This movie was TERRIBLE!
July 11, 2011
Fun but very strangely paced western. There seems to be no plot other than pryor steals loads of money from different people and fred ends up getting stuck in the middle with pryor running off when the problem is resolved! Other than that very basic plot its a serious of different sketchs with freds involving him just rtying to keep his head down but getting in trouble while Pryor ends up just stealing peoples money and legging it. Theres no real point to anything as the end just leads up to a showdown with all the people they have conned and then pryor pulling a fast one on Fred again. I hear pryors lines were ablibbed and to be honest it kinda shows! And by jingo ive never heard a film mention adios amigo so many times! They must say it bout 50 times throughout this movie. Theres also some weird picture interludes showing a scene from the movie as a painting and then cutting back to the action. All this makes it tricky sometimes to know what the heck is going on! But other than that it is actually quite fun thou it does not have any teeth to it been a PG rated movie and all. Interesting to see these 2 together but not a laugh out loud riot fest.
½ April 24, 2011
Western with The Hammer and Pryor teaming up. Filmed in only nine days and it really shows, gives a feeling they simply made it up as they went along and no real chemistry exists. Shame on writer/director/star Freddie Williamson.