The Adjustment Bureau - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adjustment Bureau Reviews

½ November 4, 2015
This is all a bit strange and unfortunately can't be saved by the brilliant central pairing of Damon and Blunt who are both fantastic throughout. I imagine that Nolfi thought he was creating a modern day fairytale in the vein of 'It's A Wonderful Life' but unfortunately it feels more like a lame episode of 'The X Files'...the concluding 10min finale is literally Damon opening lots of doors in a hat that's too small for his big head.
November 3, 2015
84%
The Adjustment Bureau is a fun, tense fantasy-thriller with great performances and an interesting message.
½ October 29, 2015
No one's ever been as charming as Emily Blunt is in this movie. The rest was not any good.
October 24, 2015
No beautiful red silk dress in the chase scene. But everything else is pretty accurate. Umm, take Bruce Almighty and mix in Inception and you get The Adjustment Bureau. This is a pretty intense and emotional film. It totally immersed me. From the very beginning to the end, this film is completely amazing. I guess you could say, the jacked up antagonists are basically some alien race that controls humans and eliminates most of free will and only personally involves themselves with a handful of special individuals. The whole film makes sense, but is consistently what I would consider fucked up beyond belief. Some guy who looks like Malcolm McDowell plays an intense psychological antagonist as he does best.
October 19, 2015
Fantastic love story
October 14, 2015
I forgot how good this film was until I just recently watched it. If you have never seen this film then check out some of Damon's Bourne like work in this great action thriller.
½ October 14, 2015
a very flawed adaptation of Philip K. Dick's short story. Works maybe halfway through, it was okay. Would I miss anything if I didn't see it, nah...!
½ October 13, 2015
Y tenia que verla Ahora...La ciencia ficción y el romance no siempre van de la mano pero con un guión inteligente y giros sorpresivos. casi no cae nunca en situaciones melosas o sentimentalistas.
½ October 10, 2015
A very enjoyable film based on the tangent of an idea contained in a Philip K. Dick short story that I really liked. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt were fantastic in the film. The supporting cast was quite good too. It was engrossing until the end.
October 2, 2015
Adjustments from the planet Hell. Based on a true idea.
September 14, 2015
No chemistry at all between the leads, and a typical election-campaign storyline, i.e. the cool young candidate who gets high fives from voters. Horrible. If anyone wants a slightly used copy of this DVD, let me know. Otherwise it's going under a crooked table leg.
September 11, 2015
Reasonably coherent.
½ August 15, 2015
Not really sure how to see this film.
August 11, 2015
Um candidato a senador é afastado de uma mulher pelos agentes do destino, pessoas estranhas de chapéu que controlam o destino das pessoas e lhes retiram o livre arbítrio, porém Matt Damon acaba desafiando seu destino e vai atrás de seu amor.
August 7, 2015
A really good film, very clever and a film which can be enjoyed by fans off romance film and action and thriller films so really hits on all levels! The ending may be a little disappointing but great performance by Matt Damon and Emily Blunt defiantly worth a watch!
August 7, 2015
Wonderfully weird movie- plus ravishing Emily Blunt - she's one of the most talented young actresses - has got that glow about her .....
August 6, 2015
Strange modern fairy tail. And a good one too.
August 3, 2015
Matt Damon and Emily Blunt show great chemistry in their performances, however, The Adjustment Bureau lacks a concept that stays in your head
July 17, 2015
The Adjustment Bureau is a decent film. It is about the affair between a politician and a ballerina that is affected by mysterious forces keeping the lovers apart. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. George Nolfi did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the romance and fantasy.