The Adjustment Bureau - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adjustment Bureau Reviews

½ February 22, 2016
The Adjustment Bureau isn't the most complex or impactful Philip K. Dick adaptation, but its unique concept and the chemistry between Matt Damon and Emily Blunt makes for a fun time at worst.
February 17, 2016
This movie was good but I thought it was a little too confusing but it's been a while since I have seen that movie
February 14, 2016
Pure, unadulterated crappola. A weak storyline. Only those with the feeblest understandings of foreordination and predestination, even it's retarded sibling fatalism, will find this film in any way compelling. It's hard to even describe the level of stupid that this film exudes.
½ February 4, 2016
Stylistically, this is a very interesting movie to look at. Storywise, it dabs into a favored conspiracy theory; the shadowy collective trying to shape the world in their specific way for whatever their reasons are.
Trying to crack through the collective's motivation is the main slowing point in the film, and while Damon has been down this road with Jason Bourne, this one seems a little more stilted and harder to get into at points. A good conspiracy film requires the viewer to catch a potential line of logic to follow, right or wrong, but this one has a hard time allowing the viewer to do that, as it flits between the conspiracy and the love story throughout.
When the film pushes towards its end, however, it starts to gather steam and pushes the characters along their lines almost to the point where they crack the Bureau's door open to the big chair, but they opt to keep that particular notion off the table in the end, which is not necessarily bad.
The acting is good, the chemistry between Blunt and Damon is solid and carries the movie, and ultimately it overcomes its sluggish points to be a reasonably entertaining film.
January 21, 2016
"The Adjustment Bureau" may be a complicated story that talks about free will, chance and fate but none of these are just ideas when it comes down to Damon and Blunts honest chemistry between each other.
½ January 17, 2016
Probably my favourite romantic movie. I was smitten from their first encounter. Every time I watch it I still get anxious about the outcome. Totally smitten.
January 4, 2016
Pretty good movie about using your free will the best way you know how. Pretty cool moral.
December 25, 2015
Provoking topics like free-will verses determinism, The Adjustment Bureau scores both with the on-screen chemistry between its characters, and a non-stop flow of entertaining storytelling.
December 17, 2015
Cracking original story. Definitely worth watching
½ December 4, 2015
Touching movie BUT USA president determined by God it's just too much
November 19, 2015
I thought this movie was a one of a kind Mood Flick! And that it was based upon one of the best Science Fiction writers didn't hurt!
½ November 19, 2015
A brilliant, thought-provoking blend of romantic thriller and science fiction developed from a simple but very well-conceived idea and with a couple of characters that are so easy to relate to. Even if only loosely based on his story, I guess Philip K. Dick would have been proud.
November 14, 2015
This movie looks really good. Cynthia are you gonna go with me!
½ November 4, 2015
This is all a bit strange and unfortunately can't be saved by the brilliant central pairing of Damon and Blunt who are both fantastic throughout. I imagine that Nolfi thought he was creating a modern day fairytale in the vein of 'It's A Wonderful Life' but unfortunately it feels more like a lame episode of 'The X Files'...the concluding 10min finale is literally Damon opening lots of doors in a hat that's too small for his big head.
November 3, 2015
84%
The Adjustment Bureau is a fun, tense fantasy-thriller with great performances and an interesting message.
½ October 29, 2015
No one's ever been as charming as Emily Blunt is in this movie. The rest was not any good.
October 24, 2015
No beautiful red silk dress in the chase scene. But everything else is pretty accurate. Umm, take Bruce Almighty and mix in Inception and you get The Adjustment Bureau. This is a pretty intense and emotional film. It totally immersed me. From the very beginning to the end, this film is completely amazing. I guess you could say, the jacked up antagonists are basically some alien race that controls humans and eliminates most of free will and only personally involves themselves with a handful of special individuals. The whole film makes sense, but is consistently what I would consider fucked up beyond belief. Some guy who looks like Malcolm McDowell plays an intense psychological antagonist as he does best.
October 19, 2015