The Adjustment Bureau - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adjustment Bureau Reviews

½ January 17, 2016
Probably my favourite romantic movie. I was smitten from their first encounter. Every time I watch it I still get anxious about the outcome. Totally smitten.
January 4, 2016
Pretty good movie about using your free will the best way you know how. Pretty cool moral.
December 25, 2015
Provoking topics like free-will verses determinism, The Adjustment Bureau scores both with the on-screen chemistry between its characters, and a non-stop flow of entertaining storytelling.
December 17, 2015
Cracking original story. Definitely worth watching
½ December 4, 2015
Touching movie BUT USA president determined by God it's just too much
November 19, 2015
I thought this movie was a one of a kind Mood Flick! And that it was based upon one of the best Science Fiction writers didn't hurt!
½ November 19, 2015
A brilliant, thought-provoking blend of romantic thriller and science fiction developed from a simple but very well-conceived idea and with a couple of characters that are so easy to relate to. Even if only loosely based on his story, I guess Philip K. Dick would have been proud.
November 14, 2015
This movie looks really good. Cynthia are you gonna go with me!
½ November 4, 2015
This is all a bit strange and unfortunately can't be saved by the brilliant central pairing of Damon and Blunt who are both fantastic throughout. I imagine that Nolfi thought he was creating a modern day fairytale in the vein of 'It's A Wonderful Life' but unfortunately it feels more like a lame episode of 'The X Files'...the concluding 10min finale is literally Damon opening lots of doors in a hat that's too small for his big head.
November 3, 2015
84%
The Adjustment Bureau is a fun, tense fantasy-thriller with great performances and an interesting message.
½ October 29, 2015
No one's ever been as charming as Emily Blunt is in this movie. The rest was not any good.
October 24, 2015
No beautiful red silk dress in the chase scene. But everything else is pretty accurate. Umm, take Bruce Almighty and mix in Inception and you get The Adjustment Bureau. This is a pretty intense and emotional film. It totally immersed me. From the very beginning to the end, this film is completely amazing. I guess you could say, the jacked up antagonists are basically some alien race that controls humans and eliminates most of free will and only personally involves themselves with a handful of special individuals. The whole film makes sense, but is consistently what I would consider fucked up beyond belief. Some guy who looks like Malcolm McDowell plays an intense psychological antagonist as he does best.
October 19, 2015
Fantastic love story
October 14, 2015
I forgot how good this film was until I just recently watched it. If you have never seen this film then check out some of Damon's Bourne like work in this great action thriller.
½ October 14, 2015
a very flawed adaptation of Philip K. Dick's short story. Works maybe halfway through, it was okay. Would I miss anything if I didn't see it, nah...!
½ October 13, 2015
Y tenia que verla Ahora...La ciencia ficción y el romance no siempre van de la mano pero con un guión inteligente y giros sorpresivos. casi no cae nunca en situaciones melosas o sentimentalistas.
½ October 10, 2015
A very enjoyable film based on the tangent of an idea contained in a Philip K. Dick short story that I really liked. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt were fantastic in the film. The supporting cast was quite good too. It was engrossing until the end.
October 2, 2015
Adjustments from the planet Hell. Based on a true idea.
September 14, 2015
No chemistry at all between the leads, and a typical election-campaign storyline, i.e. the cool young candidate who gets high fives from voters. Horrible. If anyone wants a slightly used copy of this DVD, let me know. Otherwise it's going under a crooked table leg.